Chapter 60: Boys Will Be Boys

"You ready to see what they'll shove down our throats tonight?" John asked Marley as he joined her down her walk to the choir room after school.

"You're not a Disney fan?" she asked, genuinely surprised.

He shrugged. "It's not so much that I don't like it," he explained. "I do. There were great films like Hercules and Brother Bear and The Jungle Book. Heck, I'd even admit to really digging Snow White." She smiled at this revelation, as it was an interesting fact. "But I don't like Snow White because I can relate to her. I have nothing in common with her. I like the films because they're fun, but glee club uses them to somehow connect to our lives, you know?"

"So you'd like to sing a song just to sing it then?" she asked him.

"I guess so," he sighed as they walked into the choir room. They took their seats on opposite ends of the room, he with Dan, Harmony and Joe and she with Unique, Alex, and Amity. When Julie walked in, she swung by her usual seat to give Ryder a quick kiss on the cheek before joining Kitty and Bree in the back row.

"You have fun at your meeting?" Kitty asked her.

"I'm not sure..." Julie mumbled. "It was weird. Sue wants me to be her new right-hand girl. Like Becky, you know?"

"Don't," Bree said automatically. Before any of them could say another word, Sam rushed into the room with a huge smile on his face.

"I know what we'll be doing today!" he exclaimed. "Girls versus boys!" He dashed to the white board and wrote "Mash Ups" on there.

"A mash off?" asked Joe with obvious disappointment in her voice. The kids groaned, moaned, grunted or made whatever other loud protest they could.

"Sam," said Kitty, "the last time we did a mash-up competition Mr. Schue chose everyone as the winner."

"And the time before that," said Sugar.

"And the time before that, too," Rory nodded.

"Mash-offs just don't get us pumped up anymore," said Unique, shrugging.

"Okay..." said Sam, erasing the board. "Fine. You guys obviously don't like my ideas so... You all decide. It's Disney week. I mean, the possibilities are endless.

Harmony immediately stood and went to the front of the room. "Okay guys," she said, smiling. "I know you all seem like you could care less about what Sam just said," Sam frowned, "but we can use this to the advantage of the team. I think we should--"

"Whoa, hold up Rachel Berry 2.0," said Sugar, putting out a hand.

"Seriously," Kitty said, "who put you in charge?"

"Guys, come on," Dan argued. "She wants to do something for the group. It's kind of a first."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Alex asked.

"Well, I know you hardly ever show up," Dan said, "but you all tend to do things with a hidden agenda."

"And you don't think she has ulterior motives?" Julie asked him dispassionately.

"She just wants us to succeed this year," Dan argued.

"As if," Shana scoffed. "She probably just joined to sabotage us as revenge for beating her crew at Sectionals. I mean, she did try to turn us all against each other last week."

"I thought that, too," said Sugar and several other people voiced their agreement.

"You know what?" Harmony finally said. "I've been here for three months and you guys continue to alienate me and doubt my intentions. But guess what, I know enough about all you guys to know I'm not the one that should be under suspicion here."