Chapter 28: Feliz Navidad and a Happy New Year

Hey guys! I know this took a while but that's because it's really long and it's Christmas-themed AND a huge part of it was actually written by a reader, not by me! So congrats to her, katiehall77, because I loved it and I'm sure you guys will, too!

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Please!" Joe begged. "There has to be something that we can do!"

He sat on the edge of his seat in Principal Sue's office with Kitty and Amity on either side of him.

"Sorry Ex-Dreads," Sue said. "But the school is losing money. We can't support as many clubs as we used to. And your little bunch of Jesus loving losers was top of my cut list."

"But the Christian Club is one of the most popular clubs in the school!" Kitty exclaimed.

"Yes, but you bring on the least amount of money!" Sue responded, flailing her arms in the air. "Sorry Mini-Quinn, but there is nothing I can do!" Sue kicked her feet up on her desk, not looking sorry at all.

"What if we got you money?" Amity said suddenly, speaking for the first time sense they entered the office. "Sorry..." she said realizing that her outburst had made Sue spill her protein shake on herself. "But if we raised enough money over winter break... Would you maybe consider keeping the club?"

Sue thought about it as she tried to wipe the shake off of her track suit.

"Fine" she said finally, "I need 2,000 by the end of break. And you're paying for this dry cleaning bill!"

"We can do that." Kitty said, speaking for all of them, "Thank you!"

"Alright, I've had enough of you three for one day, get out of my office."

The three exited the office as quickly as possible, not wanting to get the wrath of Principal Sue.

"That was genius!" Kitty said once they were in the hallway.

"Oh... um, thanks," Amity said, surprised at her praise.

"That was genius," Joe agreed, "But how are we going to get 2,000 dollars in two weeks?"

Amity bit her lip, "I didn't really think that through."

"Well isn't it obvious?" Kitty asked.

Joe and Amity looked at each other dumbfounded.

"We do what we do best," Kitty continued, "We sing."

"You mean like caroling?" Amity asked as they arrived at her locker, right next to Joe's.

"Exactly like caroling. Or we can sing outside of Breadstix," explained Kitty

"So we go caroling and ask for donations" Joe said, unsure. "Will we be able raise enough?"

"I could probably get a couple hundred from Sugar" Kitty said.

"Yeah and we could get some from the Glee kids!" Amity added, thinking about what Alex had told her before their duet. Surely the rich kids of the club had money to give to a good cause.

"Okay," Joe said. "Now let's go tell the rest of the club."

***

"So please, if anyone has any money pass it up." Joe told the Christian Club. When no one offered anything he sighed and said, "That's alright, we still have time!"

As everyone left Quinn and Mercedes approached Amity, Joe, and Kitty.

"We'll help you!" Quinn said immediately.