Chapter 64: Wonderland

"Sam's been telling me you've all had a fun week," Will began. "I can't say I haven't enjoyed my free time with Emma and Danny—"

"Ron," Sugar and Sam said together.

"—but I can't let you guys have all the fun either," he ignored them. "That's why I'd like to do the last Disney number of the week, one which I dedicate to all of you."

"Please tell me there aren't any Disney rap songs..." Unique muttered. Shana grinned, but Will shook his head.

"This is a song, about stars and wishes," he said, grabbing a guitar and his stool, indicating he wouldn't be rapping.

["When You Wish Upon a Star" from Pinocchio.]

Will: When a star is born, they possess a gift or two. One of them is this: They have the power to make a wish come true...

He looked up at their young faces, full of joy and optimism—for the most part—and smiled.

Will: When you wish upon a star. Makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires... will come to you.

Ryder put an arm around Julie, bringing her closer to him and rubbing her arm soothingly, as he tended to do. Behind them, Jake watched this, trying hard to resist the urge to pull her to himself and protect her as best as he could.

Will: If your heart is in your dream. No request is too extreme. When you wish upon a star as dreamers do...

Will: Fate is kind. She brings to those who love... The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing... Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you through. When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

The New Directions clapped and cheered as Will took a bow, chuckling at their appraisal. "We're glad you sang that," Sam told him, "but the kids—"

"Kids?" John mumbled, as Sam was less than a year older than him.

"—wanted to sing a little something of their own as the real finale."

"Oh really?" Will smiled. "And what would that be?"

"Something for you," Marley said, "and for everyone in here. For each other and for ourselves."

They began to stand up and Will smiled, curious and a little nervous, but mostly excited. "You see," Ryder explained, "we decided that the reason we love glee club is that we're all kind of a big family in here. Brittany was right with what she told us last year before Regionals. You're like our dad. And just because you have a son of your own now doesn't mean you stop being our family." At this cue, the band began to play "Family" from James and the Giant Peach.

Ryder: Take a little time, just look at where we are. We've come very, very far, together. And if I might say so.
Joe: And if I might say so too
Both: We wouldn't have got anywhere if it weren't for you, boy.

Will chuckled as the guys did a little dance and moved out of the way for more of them to face him.

Marley: Love is the sweetest thing
Jake: Love never comes just when you think it will
Bree: Love is the way we feel for you

He smiled, knowing those were all earnest words.

John: We're family
John and Rory: We're family. We're family.
Kitty: All of us
Alex: And you!

They all pointed at Will at the same time so he turned to Sam, who gave him two thumbs up.

Dan: Think of where we'd be if we were on our own