3 : Coincidence ?

(Y/n)'s POV

I was standing here, in front of Mina's room, waiting for her to come out.

"Mina-ah, hurry up. I have been waiting for 5 minutes already." I said.

"Yah, I am almost finished, just wait for me at the elevator," Mina answered.

I slowly walked to the elevator and surprisingly the elevator opened and apartment's manager came out.

"Hi, (Y/n). Are you going to school alone? Where is Mina?" The manager asked me, looked little confused.

"No, I'm not. And I am waiting for her to come out. Why are you here though ?" I replied.

"A married couple wants to rent a room for their child, and when we told them that there are two students in the same school as their child on this floor. They immediately agree to rent this room." He said while walking to the room.

"You both know that this day will come, right? At least your new neighbour is around your age so you don't have to worry about it too much." He added and went into the room to check that everything is okay.

I knew it. I knew that there are going to be someone who wants to rents this room and ruined our personal floor, but I also know that manager-hyung try his hardest to not rent this floor to someone that doesn't get along with us.

After that, I waited for a little bit until...

Mina suddenly popped out of nowhere. "Sorry, (Y/n). Today I woke a bit late than normal." Mina said with her aegyo voice.

We walked into the elevator while we were waiting for it to reach to the ground floor I decided to speak.

"Mina, We are going to have a new neighbour." I said, glanced at her.

"Ashi.., Seriously? Who are they? How old are they? How many? What is their gender? Mina suddenly asked me tons of questions.

"No, Mina, listen to me. There is only one neighbor. And that neighbor is a girl, she is around our age, and in the same school as us. Notting to worry about." I answered.

"It's a little bit bummer, but at least we have fun while it last." Mina replied.

(Chaeyoung's POV)

I was walking through the school's hallway "alone"

*Sigh*... Since I was moving to the new school, I, Son Chaeyoung, actually haven't had any friends at all.

This is really bad.

Well... At least I have someone that I can talk to, that popular guy (Y/FN)(Y/LN). I mean, I don't think that he wants to be friend with me. Just being friendly to maintain his image as a nice guy.

But I don't have any problem if he wants to be friend with me though.

Before I moved here, I have few friends at my previous school. But now I have none.

Suddenly I decided to open up my phone to check the time.

"Oh.. It's almost time for class already." I mumbled to myself and rushed to my classroom.

(Y/n)'s POV)

I already sat in my chair, reading my book when I saw Chaeyoung walk into the class.

"Hi! Chaeyoung, how are you ?" I said, waving at her.

"I am fine, nothing new here." She answered, sat to the chair beside me.

"By the way, how is your homework going?" I asked.

"It's fine. I already finished it, but sadly I wasn't in any group, so I have to do it on my own." She quietly answered.

"What, you weren't in any group. That's ridiculous. Don't you have any friends? And why don't you ask me?" I immediately closed my book, staring at her.

"No, I have none and I don't wanna ask you either" She answered, laying her head on the table.

"Wait, what do yo---"

Suddenly my teacher came into the class "Students, please pass the homework that I told you to do last week to me before I start my class" My teacher said

When we passed our homework the teacher started her class right away. I didn't have time to talk to Chae because I need to focus on study and even though I try to talk to her. She would ignore me.

I must talk to her before the school is over.

~~• Timeskip •~~

It's lunchtime already. I bought my lunch, a tuna sandwich and a carton of milk, looking around the cafeteria for Chaeyoung. Then I saw her, sat by herself, alone.

I walked to her table and asked "Can I sit here?"

She stayed silent.

"Well, I will take that as a yes." I said, sat down beside her.

"Why don't you talk to me, Chae?" I asked her

She still stayed silent.

"Son Chaeyoung, can I talk to y--" before I can even finish my sentence, she suddenly speaking

"You don't have to do this, (Y/n)" Chaeyoung said, her voice trembling

"Do what?" I asked her, confused by her action.

"Like, talk to me, help me out or anything. If you don't wanna do it, (Y/n)." She said with her sad tone, her eye became watery.

"No, Chae, I listen to me, I genuinely want to talk to you. I haven't faked anything. In fact, it's a little bit unusual for me to talk to strangers, like you." I explained to her.

"Really? I hope that you don't lie to me. Can you promise me?" She said, looked at me with her puppy eye.

"I promise. Can I talk to you now?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course. Why not?" She happily said.

We continued talking for a long time, even when our lunch break ended. We walked to the class together. I knew more about her. Surprisingly we have lots of things in common, we both like music, cooking and she is really introvert, like me!!

After our last class ended, she suddenly asked me. "(Y/n), can you walk me home today?"

I looked at her, surprised by her question. "Why do you ask me?" I replied

"Well, I don't mean to be creepy, but I know that you need to go down this road to your house. It's just... I moved to that area and I don't know much about it. My parents only gave me an address. Can you walk with me? I am a little worried." She said, hiding her face in embarrassment.

"Yeah, It's ok. There's nothing to be embarrassed about it at all." I said, and we both started walking.

We continued silently walking for a little while before I decided to speak. "Chae, why do you move here?"

"Just family stuff. My parents said that they want me to move out, has some alone time and learn to take care of myself. It's really exciting. Now I live near my school, I don't need to wake up early and I can try so many new things." She said, smile all over her face

"Have you ever been living by yourself before?" I asked, surprised by how innocent she was.

"No, but I think it going to fun. Of course, I know that it's going to be hard but you never know what is going to happen, right?" Chaeyoung stopped and looking at me.

"Whatever you say, miss" I shook my head and continued to walk.

As I was walking. I started paying attention to the surrounding. When I decided to carefully look around, I noticed that building around here looked quite similar.

So I asked her, "Chae, where is your house?"

"Sorry, it's actually an apartment." She giggled. "Ah, It's right here." She said, pointed her finger at the building

When I looked in the direction that she pointed, I realized that it's my apartment. Oh... Maybe she is the one that moves to our floor!!

"Umm.., Chae, which floor do you move in?" I asked her.

"21st floor, why?" She innocently answered.