6 : Unwanted Attention

(Chaeyoung's POV)

I never knew how much I need to rest until my head hit the pillow.

After (Y/n) send me off to my room, I quickly took a shower and dozed off immediately.

But, I still woke up on time, thanks to the alarm on my phone.

I slowly put on my uniform, picked up my bag, ready to go to school.

I opened the door and saw (Y/n), leaning against his room, playing with his phone.

"Hi (Y/n), Are you waiting for someone?" I asked, thinking it was me.

"I'm waiting for Mina right now, wanna join us?" He answered with a little smile on his face.

I didn't answer him but instead, I walked to stand beside him. Guessing from the way they act, (Y/n) and Mina seems to be really close, maybe they're even in a relationship.

Wait... that's not possible, right?

If they're actually in a relationship, it Is going to be like.. an extremely open relationship to the point that (Y/n) can just do 'that' with anyone.

*sigh* The only one way to find out is to ask them about it.

But I'm not going to ask (Y/n).

Why??? I don't know. It just not feels right for me.

"Oh, Hi! Chaeyoung. How are you ?" I heard Mina calling me as she walked toward us.

"I'm fine," I said, trying to hide my suspicion

"Sooooo, from now on, you will go to school with us, right?" Mina said as she walked to the elevator

I nodded in agreement. Even though I only knew them for a few weeks, I'm pretty sure that they are better than all of my old friends combined.

*ding* Finally the elevator arrived at the 21st floor. We walked into the elevator and went down to the ground floor.

We were slowly walking to the school, having a little chat as we walk because we knew that we have plenty of time until the school starts.

As we get closer to the school, I noticed more and more students staring at us, whispering to their friends, clearly gossiping even though we can still see them.

I'm starting to feel uncomfortable by the unwanted attention that I suddenly got from other students. I looked at (Y/n) and Mina for help but as I expect, they just acted like nothing happened. This kind of situation is just something that they probably face it every single day.

But for me is the opposite, I'm not used to something like this. Most of the students just walked pass me by or treated me like an invisible person.

Now I felt like I'm one of the popular students along with (Y/n) and Mina.

We finally arrived at our class. It was not a long walk but I felt like it took me forever just because there are quite a few students staring at me. I waved goodbye to Mina as (Y/n) and I walked to our seat.

"You looked stressed, Chae. What's wrong?" (Y/n) asked me with a worried look on his face.

I didn't answer his question but instead, I asked him "Can you have lunch with me? I wanna talk to you there,"

"Ok, let's meet at the cafeteria as soon as the class is over," He answered with a little bit of worried stil clinging onto his face.

(*Time skip*)

"Miss Chaeyoung, wake up" I slowly raised my sleepy head from the desk, looking up to see my teacher standing in front of me.

"It's already lunchtime, better go before it over."

It took me a while before I realized what she said. I said thank you to my teacher before rushing to the cafeteria as fast as I can.

|At Cafeteria|

I started looking for (Y/n) as soon as I bought my lunch. I was walking around, looking specifically for a table with only one person but can't find it anywhere.

After several minutes passed, I gave up and started looking for an available table to sit but I caught a glimpse of him waving in the corner of my eyes.

When I turned around I saw (Y/n), sitting with his... friends.

"This is not what I expect."

I sighed, but still going with it anywhere cause I'm the one who asked him.

Fortunately, right next to him, there is an empty space for me to sit. I sat down beside (Y/n), facing Mina and Jihyo but something is a little bit off.

"Where's Lisa? I used to see her around you guys before." I asked, remember what I saw a week ago.

I looked at (Y/n) and his face just went blank. He answered me with a monotone voice, emotionless "She used to eat with us but she also has her own group, last weeks she just kinda left, I don't care." He paused "But that's not what you actually want, right" He chuckled, which lighten the mood up for a bit.

"Why was everybody staring at me today?" I asked them

"Well, you're getting along with one of the most unfriendly person and suddenly hanging out with Mina and (Y/n). Of course, everyone is gonna talk about you." Jihyo answered, staring at me with a sympathy in her eye. "I can highly related to that. I had to face it when I first met them as well"

I'm looking between (Y/n) and Mina "Wow, your guys are really playing hard to get" They didn't answer and just stay silenced.

"You will get used to it eventually, Chae" Jihyo added and continued to eat her lunch.

"Yah, (Y/n), why didn't you wake me up when you saw me sleeping?" I flusteredly asked him "I could miss entire break, you know?"

He looked at me and gave me a playful look "You looked like you having a great time sleeping, you also looked really cute and I don't want to ruind that"

I immediately turned my face away, hiding my blush after what he said. I began to eat my lucnch and heard Mina and Jihyo gigling in the background.

We continued to eat our lunch until the break end and went back to the classroom.

*(Time Skip)*

After the class end, I went back to my apartment with (Y/n) and Mina. I spent my evening mostly doing homeworks and playing with my phone untill it's night time. I took a shower, wearing my pajamas.

Now, I'm laying on the bed, thinking about what happened today.

It's nice to have good friends like this but, I don't know much I can endure the attentions that I'm going to get in the future. But still I think it was a worthy trade.

I felt sleepy and when I checked my phone it's already late, so I sleep.

As I slowly drifted to sleep, I realized that....

I never look forward to wake up in the morning like for a long time.