8 : Friendship

2 July 2018
(Chaeyoung's POV)
[21st floor hallway]
6:00 AM

It's been a month now since I started hanging out with (Y/n) and Mina, which I would say that it's getting better and better every day. After the day I ate lunch with them, they still wanna hang out with me and told me that I can go into their room anytime if they're home.

About the school stuff, ummmm what can I say? Every single school subjects are really hard. It's way harder than my previous school was, even though I am a good student (most of the times). Luckily my new friends are always helping so it's a lot easier than it should be. Now I know why (Y/n) and Mina is so popular. Having such a clever friend to help you out, it's super useful.

I waited for them for a while until they came out of their room. Like usual we were walking to school together since it close to our apartment. As we got closer to the school, like always people just stared at us and started talking but I'm fine with it. I'm slowly getting used to it now but not entirely though, I still feel uncomfortable but not as much as before.

We sat down at our table under the enormous tree that has been in this school for ages, waiting until the class begins. The tree itself is so beautiful and shading the area around nicely. This is one of the nicest spots you can sit in the morning and thankfully we owned it.

*(Timeskip)*
Lunch break
[Cafeteria]

"Why is my math homework always this hard?" I whined as I roughly look through my paper with a glimpse of hope that I won't have to spend my entire evening for this thing.

"It's always is and forever will be" (Y/n) said, moving in closer as he takes a closer look of it.

I looked up from my homework to (Y/n) and sighed, utterly agreed with him. I always have a problem with math, and since I have been here, it's getting even worse. I really need to focus on my study. The midterm exam is literally a few weeks away.

"We can help you with that actually" said Jihyo with a smile on her face.

"If you want to, all three of us sometimes hanging out in the cafe near your apartment, doing homework, tutoring but mostly just chatting. You can join us there. What do you think, Mina, (Y/n)?"

I looked at the said person and saw them staring at each other, quietly. Before they both looked between me and Jihyo then said "That's fine" in unison.

"Can you guys just stop doing that? It's really weird and both of you knew it" Jihyo sighed, shaking her head.

[Cafe]
4:30 PM

After the school ends, all four of us were walking on the same route as we normally do, but this time we walk around for a little while before stopping at the cafe nearby. (Y/n) went straight to the table, leaning his head to the glass wall while Jihyo and Mina went to the grab some drinks and snacks. All of them just.. left me standing alone in the middle of the cafe. Then I decided to walk to the table and sat beside (Y/n).

"What are you looking at?" I asked him, wondering what he was looking for.

"Nothing" He replied, turning his head to me "You're having a problem with your homework, isn't it? Let me have a look."

I searched through my backpack and gave it to him. He took a quick at it and started teaching me immediately. By the time that both Mina and Jihyo came back with our dessert, we are already halfway finished. Then we started chatting and talking about various topics, like the food we like etc, until it was starting to get dark outside, so we decided to go back to our home. I walked silently alongside Mina and (Y/n) until Mina suddenly speaks up.

"Chae, do you have anyone to study with for the midterm??" Mina asked

I stayed silent, not sure what to answer. Even though I didn't look at him but I can feel (Y/n) staring at me as well.

"No, I haven't had anyone to study with. " I answered softly, my voice almost like whispering.

"Well, you can study with us, if you want but only under one condition." Mina said, increasing her pace until she was in front of me.

"You need to tell us your room password and we promised to tell ours as well"

I was dumbfounded by what she was saying. I can't believe it!! I mean, I don't completely trust them, of course. But I don't think this is a bad idea either. Both of them practically let me in their room whenever I want to.

I hesitated for a few seconds before I answered "I'm fine with it"

I looked at them and saw them smiling happily. We shared our password together before went back to our room to take care of our own business.

(Mina's POV)
[21st floor hallway]

As soon as I saw Chaeyoung close her door, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked at the person behind me and saw (Y/n) standing there.

"Thank you, Mina. You're really helping me a lot today." He said

"We took a huge leap in our friendship with Chaeyoung, didn't we? I'm glad that it works out in the end." I replied, walking past him to my room.

"Yeah, I guess" He mumbled, waving goodbye at me.

I waved back at him, then put the password into the door and went to back into my room.