20 : Heated argments

Chaeyoung's POV

Just thought of (Y/n) and I together was enough to get my face heated up, and my heart almost burst out of my chest.

I didn't know how I looked like right now but I was certain that I'm a mess. If he took his eye off the phone and look at me, he would have seen my redden-cheek --- mixed of worries and delight.

I looked around my table once more and saw my parents working their way toward the table from afar. My hand was still interwinding with (Y/n)'s. I tighten my grip one last time and slowly loosen my hand off him. I glanced at him for one last time before I need to face my reality.

*tock... tock... tock...*

It felt like there was a clock in my head --- ticking down with every step of my parents make as they were working their way towards the table.

My impending tragedy is coming toward me.

Both of them calmly sat at the table, their face was blank as marble. They sat silently for a few seconds, taking their time staring at me. I was so nervous. I could feel my hand profusely sweating.

"Chaeyoung, listen to me carefully," my father finally muttered some words, his voice was gentle like always but somehow the tone of the conversation suggested that it might turn into something I didn't want to hear.

"Your mother and I...," My father paused "We both decide that it would be better if we are separated,"

...

What?

I would be l lying if I said I didn't expect this. The worst outcome, I guess?

But what I didn't expect at all is how I was reacting.

I didn't cry??

I didn't breakdown??

I wasn't shocked??

Normally, I expected myself to sob uncontrollably, shouting or even yelling.

However, I just sat still and looking into their eyes, covered in an invisible mask to hide my emotion.

"Then what?" I said, my voice slightly trembling.

"What dear? My father replied, his face was brimming with confusion.

"Who am I going to stay with?" I slowly said, letting it sink in. My eye still locked on to them.

In that split second, I saw their smile. Although it wasn't as kind as had always seen, it was malicious, wicked and sinister.

Am I even look at my parents?

I felt a stare coming from my side. I took a glance and it was from (Y/n). He stopped pretending like he was playing with his phone and just looking at me.

"Of course, dear. You're going to stay with me," My father said and stare down at me while my mother looking at him with an indignant eye.

"No, she is coming with me." My mother shouted, facing my father. Her face was contorted with anger "You're going to pay us your arm and legs, you cheating piece of shit,"

"Oh, you're finally showing your true color BITCH," My father retorted, his face was bright red.

"Showing my true color?? This is the tip of the iceberg compared to your dirty secret about your 'mistress' that you have been hiding from me," My mother shouted back, ready to start a fight.

*Slap*

Then I couldn't hear anything after that.

My father hit my mother in front of me. In amidst of anger, my mother also held her hand up high and hit my father back. Now, they were two people fighting and screaming on top of their lunges on the lobby floor. Such a horrible sight for everyone to see, especially for me.