19 : I don't know you...

Chaeyoung's POV

I was slowly walking alone to my table. My mom told me that she and dad would sit in the middle of the lobby for some reason. This gave me a slight hope that our meeting might not be as bad as I thought.

I was wrong.

When my eye met them, I could feel an uneasy feeling covered the entire table, which I didn't notice it the first time. I feel like I didn't see them in flesh like this for a long time. How long could it be? 4-5 month perhaps?

I walked to the table and sat at the seat opposite them. Me, my parents, and (Y/n) was all sitting in the middle of the lobby.

I and my parents were sitting together, but however (Y/n) wasn't on the same table with us. He was sitting alone by himself at the ridiculously close table near us which it seems like the same table at first glance but it's actually not. He was wearing his headphone but I can tell that he was listening for sure, because whenever I sneaked in the compliments of my incredibly nice "neighbor", a coy smile instantly appears on his face.

(Y/n) was literally sitting right by my side, and for that reason, I really want to just reach my arm out and hold his hand for emotional support. I had been sitting in the same table with my parents for a while, and they didn't even say much except a greeting and some question at the beginning.

After a way too long uncomfortable silence, my father suddenly spoke up. "Darling, we need to talk," I turned to him, assuming that he was talking to me, but instead he was facing my mom and holding her hand. There wasn't any emotion on my mom's face. She simply looked at him with a delirious eye. Suddenly, she seemed like she was snapped back to earth and her face started to show some emotion, which she had been lacking for the rest of the meeting again.

"Yes, dear," She answered with an exhausting tone. Her face had more wrinkle than I remember. I guess the dispute between my father and mother is a lot worse than I thought it would be.

With that, they stood up and walking out together. They didn't even lay their eyes on me or acknowledge my presence. It seemed like I'm nothing to them, like a speck of dust -- no, it's almost like I don't exist or important to them.

I was sitting still in silence. Tears started to wailing in my eye when I felt a warm sensation enveloping my hand. After so many time that he did, I can immediately tell that it was from (Y/n). He was looking at his phone, pretending like he didn't care but his tight grip on my hand tells otherwise. He listened to all of our conversations and he knew I need this. This is his way of helping and supporting me on this issue, I didn't like it at my first glance but I kinda get it now.

(15 minutes ago)

"Here is my plan. I will go and sit at the table near them first and then you go to your parent's table, ok?" (Y/n) said to me with a straight look.

"What?? I thought you would come with me," I loudly exclaimed before I quickly covered my mouth. Even though I was shocked, I still don't want my parent to know that I'm here now.

"I wish I could, Chae. But it is your life and your family, remember? It's not mine to decide. It's up to you. All I can do is be there beside you when you need someone. I can't tell you what you suppose to do in your life," (Y/n) replied back with a calm yet serious tone.

I was sulking and upset, but I couldn't do anything against it. I have no rights to force him to deal with my problem and my family at all. He was helping me simply because he wants to. I can either choose between accepting it or deny it and obviously, if I choose to deny, I would be the dumbest person ever.

"Please trust me, Chae. I used to be in the same situation as you. I know it's going to be hard, but I believe that you can do it," (Y/n) said and gave me a sincere smile.

(Back to present)

It's been a while now since my parents have left. My hand was still interwinding with (Y/n)'s, but I didn't want to let go. I want to hold him as long as I can, or at least until my parents come back. Even though I seemed to be happy and normal on the outside, but on the inside, I'm utterly wrecked, completely terrified from the fact that I have to meet my parent. Talking to them on the phone is fine, but confronting them face to face is the whole other thing. I didn't see them for a long time since I moved to this apartment.

Thinking back to my conversation with (Y/n). There's one sentence that keeps bugging me. He said that he used to be in the same situation as mine? I never know it before. In fact, if I recall it correctly, he rarely mentions his past at all.What do I know about him? Popular-ish kid, excellent cook, bookworm, good student, can be short-tempered and mysterious sometimes? I only know only about his present, not his past nor future.

On the opposite end, he knows more about me than I thought I would share to anyone. My dream job to be a famous artist, my hobby, my past, and family. And I didn't know much about him in return.

Sometimes I feel like I share too much information about myself to him, and the thought of it making me grip his hand tighter.

I didn't blame him for that, I solely blame myself.

I blame myself for not being careful.

I blame myself for the need to talk to him about my life.

I blame myself for trusting him unconditionally.

And most importantly,
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I blame myself for... falling for him.

[A/n]

I know this is supposed to be thank you note for 6k.

But I can't write any happy massage right now, after I read 2yeon banner drama.

Fyi if you don't know, I'm Thai(T-once).

I know that a lot of you are ph-once and it will affect me greatly. Maybe I could lose some reader over this but I will say it anywhere.

Some people(I believed they're Filipino) in twitter decided to make 2yeon inception banner (original idea from T-once) and say that they will continue to do so for every year.

What I even more amazed is that they just copy the design and photo and dare to say that they will continue the tradition for us. (T-once)

Wow...

Then claim that they're the "original" one(of v.4 banner) and hope T-once use your design for the next concert in a mocking manner.

Even more fucking disgusting.I can't believe such people exist in this world.

I'm more sensitive than normal because of the fact that I'm Thai, and also a writer.

If you've read this far, thank you so much.

I don't want it to be a cat-and-mouse game of which country will get 2yeon to take the picture with the banner first.

If you inspired by this particular 2yeon banner, make something new and unique.

Create your traditional banner for yourself. Don't copy us.

There are many T-once who has been working hard to maintain this tradition alive every year.

If you don't understand what I stated above, I will make it easy for you: If your country has your own unique traditional that Twice and once in your country always do, and other countries just copy and doing it without any consent or permission from you, including even claiming it as their own.

Do you like it?

I don't think so.

Create something new and unique, don't plagiarize anyone's idea.

Thank you for 6k and 86 follow.