24

~8 months later~

~8 months later~

Within two days I lost Nora and Alek.
No one has seen him since that day he storm into my room & he broke my heart.
I Wobbled in and out of the exam rooms seeing patients, this pregnancy was doing no justice to my body.

My son was in town for his old moms baby shower, he was ecstatic to have a baby sister or brother.

Joy stayed in New Orleans to help me with the pregnancy, while Emma decided to stay in Texas madly in love with someone but refuse to tell us who he was but we didn't pressure her, as long she was happy.

"Hi. I'm Dr De Campo, I'm your doctor for your long extends care."
I never got tired of saying those words. This is my happy place.

After months and months of crying myself to sleep, I had enough self-pity.
A baby shower was underway tonight and all being handled by Joy.

As I made my way to home, yes home.
For the first time in years, I had a real home with decorations and all.
Tons of pictures consume my house, and love, no loneliness or empty space.

My yard was filled with roses. The long windows with no curtains reminded me of Aleks' loft.

Every Monday night, I held dinner parties and my home were always filled with people.
The cravings for Italian food seem to consume me all the time, I even took a class to learn how to cook. I went from cold to warm over the months. I never knew that I can change, my new life in New Orleans was almost too perfect but without him, I still felt empty.

I heard a soft knock, storming downstairs in a yellow sundress and boots. A man stood by my door, "Gia De Campo? My name is Frank and I'm your driver for the night."
In the same time, I heard a Bing coming from phone Joy text me, "Frank going to bring to the baby shower, you're not getting kidnap."
I laughed to myself, she knew me too well. I follow Frank to his black Cadillac.

I step out of the car and arrive at La Rosa at French Quarter.
This place was amazing, as soon you walk in the smell of Roses hit you like tons of brick and smell of Fq was gone.

In the middle of the lobby, I spot a plaque 'Eden Industries' next to a huge banquet of pink roses with a huge chandelier and off-white rustic furniture with a Mediterranean twisted

This was one of the newest hotels at Fq and I heard there was a one-year waiting list just for one room.
It's the same company that gave a huge donation to my foundation.
Personally never met the any from the company and no one ever return my calls to give a proper thank you.
Puzzling how Joy was able to pull this off, I hope it wasn't like Vegas.

There's no way in the world, I wanted to know at this time and ruin my day with a bunch of unanswered questions.

Joyce has been my rock at the beginning of my pregnancy after a while I had to kick her out of my home and I had to learn how to function with my heart ache.
Standing in front of a banquet, a beautiful blonde making some fake coughs to get my attention, I must have been standing in front of the roses a little too long than I should.

"He said you would be standing in front of them"
"He?"
"I apologize Ms. De Campo please follow me to your event."

Hormones were on the full-blown throttle, I didn't understand her comment and the sass.

She opens the double doors as I walk in total darkness and 'surprise' was yelled with the lights turning on at the same time.

Tears streamed down my face, I was embraced by both Joy and my son.

Yellow roses flooded every aspect of the dining room and tiny cowboys' boots everywhere.

Never in a lifetime did I imagine to be loved by so many people.
People come from Texas, the place I vow to never to return.
Plus a few new work colleagues and friends I've met in the past nine months.

I couldn't help but blush the whole time, for the first time in my whole life I felt worthy of love.

Joy made sure that this was going to be a great day and even the food was amazing.
My little alien in my belly had been moving like crazy since I set into the baby shower.

As I decide to sit down at the table with Jessica, Jackson, and Garth.
Garth looks different since the last time I saw him, southern metaphors were gone but still the perfect gentleman.

He stood up as I got close to table, removed his hat to pull my chair in and out.
I look up and smiled at him.
The warm feelings I have for him fill me and felt like home.
"Hey darling, enjoying yourself?"
A huge smile appears on my face, "Of course. I'm glad you're here."
His pushed his long blonde hair back, a nervous tactic he does, and blush.
A sparkle appeared on his sky blue eyes, he leans forward to kiss my cheeks.
I love this man.
"I meant when said I'll always be here for you." 
He says as we stare at each another and I blush at his comment

That's when our talk was interrupting with by a cough, "I'm the only one that can make mi Dolcezza blush."
Standing in front of me was the man myself, the one who made me cry a million tears.

••••••🤧🤗•••••••
If you can't tell by now I'm from Texas! I rarely read or see stories from Texas!
Well anyways enough bragging, Garth story is told! 'Paying for sin' this scene is told in more detail! 
-xoxo