Chapter 4

"Good morning ma'am. " The driver says to me with a thick British accent as I sit in the car.

"Good morning sir, may I know your name? " I ask and he grins.

"Oh, I'm James. " He says.

"James, I'm Abby. Please don't call me ma'am again, it makes me feel old. " I say and he laughs.

"Alright, I won't, Abby." He says and I nod.

"So you're taking me to church? " I ask.

"Yes. " He says driving.

"Is it far? " I ask him.

"Not really. " He says and I nod.

He drives for a while and we end up in front of the Hillsong church.

"Aren't you coming? " I ask James.

"Me? " He asks shocked.

"Yes you. " I say.

"Oh okay. " He says.

He gets down from the car and we walk together and our seat as the preacher continues to speak. We later share the grace and shake hands with other members. Then the sermon ends and we drive back to my apartment.

"What do you think about the sermon? " I ask James.

"It's okay, it's been a while since I entered a church though. I was raised a Catholic but because of my job I can't really go for mass, thanks for inviting me Abby. " James tells me.

"Sure, any time you take me to church, we'll go for sermons together alright? " I ask and he nods.

We get to my apartment and I tell him goodbye and remind him to pick me up tomorrow at eight.

I head up the stairs to my apartment. When I get in, I drop my bag on the bed and change into comfy clothes. I take my phone and I see texts from Eva.

She writes: "Wow, your place looks really cool, all British and stuff. Really nice, I'll be going to New York on Wednesday, when I get to my apartment, I'll let you see it too. "

I reply and tell her I can't wait to see hers. I put my phone down and go to the kitchen and make sandwiches with orange juice and watch a movie. I take my phone again and realise I had five missed calls about an hour ago from a number I don't know.

I call the number and it rings for a long time before the recipient picks up.

"Hello. " I say before slipping down some orange juice.

"Hello. " A stern, masculine British voice says back and I almost choke on my orange juice that I cough hard.

"Are you okay? " The voice asks me concerned.

"Yeah, yeah... " I say nervously. "I'm fine. "

"Okay, that's good to hear. " He tells me. "I called earlier about four times... "

"Five." I correct him.

He sighs, "Five times, but you never answered. Why? " He asks.

"Um, I was at church so my phone was on silent, that's why. " I answer.

"Church? " The voice asks confused.

"Yeah, church. I'm a Christian. " I say.

"Oh, okay. " He says. "But Ms Williams, I don't mean to pry but, you do know that if you work at Pierre companies especially as a personal assistant you'll have to work on the weekends sometimes. "

I gasp, OMG, it's my boss.

"Mr Julian Pierre, I'm so sorry. I didn't know it was you. " I say shocked.