Chapter 27

Julian's POV.

I look at the time on my watch, it's already past lunch. I stretch out on my seat and decide to go out for a walk or maybe I can see Abby. I sigh and get head to the door. As I walk, I see Abby talking to Lionel.

“That scum! " I cuss under my breathe but as I look closely. Abby looks really mad, this causes me to hide a little and try to hear what going on. It looks pretty heated.

When I get closer, I see Abby walk away from Lionel angrily, leaving him dumbfounded.

I realize this and sigh under my breathe. I walk to Lionel and his face changes from shock to anger.

“What happened here? " I ask him with a serious tone.

He clears his throat and looks at me annoyed. “Nothing Sir, I just had a little misunderstanding with Miss Williams, that's all. "

I nod.

“I hope it's not too serious. " I say looking at him sternly.

I notice the anger building up in Lionel's eyes but I don't care. I'm his boss, if he makes a wrong move, he's going to get burned.

He shakes his head slowly. “No Sir, there's nothing to worry about. "

I nod and shove my hands in my pocket still looking directly into his face.

“If you would excuse me... " Lionel says and leaves my side. I chuckle and turn around only to meet Abby outside her office staring at me.

I clear my throat.

“Hi... " I say to her trying not to smile too hard.

“Hey, how are you? " She asks me smiling.

I smile, “I'm doing well. Wait, are you going for lunch? "I ask her hoping that she is.

“Umm, no. I'm going for my milk from the canteen. I've already eaten. I forgot to take it. " She tells me. “You?" She asks.

“Yeah, I'm also going for lunch... " I say a little confused.

“Yeah, but not in the canteen right? " She asks me and I chuckle. She chuckles back.

“Yeah, you're right. I was going to the old Italian restaurant. " I say.

She nods, “Have fun. "

I nod and turn around to walk away.

I start my engine and drive off to the restaurant.

“Good afternoon Sir. " My waiter says to me smiling and I nod. “Your table is ready. "

He walks me to the table and I sit waiting for my food as I sip a glass of sparkling water and read my phone.

“Baby!!! " I hear a voice out front of me. I raise my head only to see Claudette, I almost choked on my water.

“Honey, I've missed you!!! " She says as she runs over to me to give me a hug which calls for unwanted attention.

“What are you doing here!!?? " I ask her trying to stop her from hugging me but to no avail. Of all the girls I've dated, Claudette is the most difficult one to get rid of. With most of them, I just have to stop calling them and my work is done, but with Claudette, it seems like I'll have to do more than that.

I look at her wide eyed as she takes her seat opposite me.

“What is it??" She asks me confused.

I chuckle annoyingly, “You haven't answered my question??" I shout back.

“Okay... Take it easy alright... I just decided to have lunch here because I know this is your favourite restaurant." She says smiling. “Don't you miss me?"

I rub my face, “Claudette, please what do you want? Tell me and I'll give it to you..." I tell her desperately.

She looks at me confused, “Julian I don't want your money."

I look at her confused.

“ I want your love." She says. “I've realised that I'm not getting any younger and I have to start planning life. The kind of partner I want as a husband, the number of kids I want to have, and I think that you'll be perfect because I love you Julian." She ends smiling and holding my palm in hers.

I look at her and I  understand. Until Abby came along, I never thought of my faith or that I could correct it, I'm starting to feel like she's sent to me to be not only a friend but more... I can't date much less marry Claudette. I clear my throat and release my hands from hers.

“I don't love you Claudette. " I say and immediately, I see her smile turn into a sad,  painful frown.

“What? Why? " She asks me as tears begin to form know her eyes.

I sigh, “Claudette, you love me but I don't love you. I'm sorry. I know we've had some nice times together but I'm sorry, I don't love you and it's not your fault."

She sobs and says, “Is it me,  or another girl?? "

I sigh, “It's no one, look, you want to have a beautiful life and honestly, you can't have that with me. Claudette you deserve someone who will love you and treat you right with all his heart, I'm just not that person, I hope you understand? "

She slouches in her chair and sobs but after sometime, she begins to dry her eyes.

“Are you alright? " I ask her.

“Yes, I'm alright. I understand Julian... I'm leaving, have a nice day. " She says and gets up.

I nod my head and as she leaves I watch her go away. I really hope she finds what she's looking for as I find out what is right for me.