Chapter 8.

Abigail POV.

I take my keys from my bag and open my apartment. I take off my heels and walk barefoot to the kitchen. I take some food from the fridge and put it in the microwave and as I do that, I feel a sharp pain in my lower abdomen.

“Ahhhh!!! " I exclaim totally annoyed. “The milk. " I say sighing.

I get to my room and change from my office clothes into a much comfortable one. I take my phone and go into the bathroom taking my seat on the toilet. Just there and then my phone rings.

“Yello! " I say answering the call.

“How's it Abby? " My eldest brother says.

“It was fine Israel, a little bit stressful, but fine. " I end sighing.

“You sound tired. " Israel says worried.

“I am. " I say smirking.

“Where are you? " Israel asks me.

I look around confused and ask trying to ignore the question. “So how was your day? "

I hear him chuckle, “You're in the toilet right? "

“How did you know? " I ask.

“Your voice is echoing. " He says.

“Oh... " Is all I can say.

“But today was okay though, I met nice people and the employees there are really excited that I'm with them now because of dad. " I say flushing the toilet.

“Really? " Israel asks interested.

“Yeah. " I say washing my hands.

“And how was the boss himself? "

“Such a rude guy. " I say annoyed.

“Really? I thought he was going to be okay. " Israel asks.

“That's what I thought but guess what, even the workers there are scared. " I put out.

I take the food from the microwave and turn on the TV.

“He's really something. " He says.

“I know right? " I asked exclaiming.

“Well, I'm glad you're safe and sound Abby. Being tired is just the norm especially asking it with your own conditions." He says and I chuckle. “I just called to check up on you but I have to go now. " He says.

“Really? " I ask annoyed.

“Yeah. I've got a date. " He says.

I smile and ask, “Really? "

He chuckles, “Don't worry, I'll tell you about it later alright. I've got to go. Goodbye. " He says and cuts the line quickly. I sigh and chew on my chicken slowly.

My phone behind to ring and I pick it up when I see the name.

“Hi! " I shout to Eva.

“Hello girl, how's it? " She asks.

I sigh, “Everything's fine Eva how about you? " I ask.

“Everything's OK here, what's up with you Abby. You sound tired. " She asks worried.

“Oh, it's just work. " I say.

“Work? But it's your first day?" She asks.

“I know right! " I exclaim.

Eva chuckles, “It's okay, tell me about it. "

I sigh, “It was okay, the people were nice I mean I signed photos and all. "