Chapter 9.

Julian's POV.

Where the hell is he??

I've been calling Igor for the past twenty minutes. I hope he isn't as late as I am. I was supposed to be at work twenty minutes ago.

“ We're here sir. " My driver tells me.

I sigh, “Okay, thank you. " I open the door myself and get out hoping to find Igor there smiling instead I see the door alone. I frown.

I walk into the building and as usual, people stiffen and throw greetings at me. I just nod my head. As I walk towards the elevator, I hear Igor's voice followed by giggles. I walk towards the noise only to find Igor and Abigail at the breakfast table.

“You make the sickest coffee miss. " Igor says before sipping his cup again.

“Oh thank you. My dad taught me. " She ends grinning.

“You know, you should teach people how to make coffee around here, some people have theirs tasting like feet. Sorry to say. " Igor says before sipping again and Abigail opens her mouth in shock.

“Igor, don't say that! " She shouts.

“Yeah Igor, people won't appreciate that also aside that, they'll think you've stopped working and taking the job of being a coffee tasting machine. " I say budging in.

Igor jumps and I can't help but smirk.

“Sir, I'm sorry. " He says a little embarrassed. “It's just that Abigail invited me for breakfast when I told her I skipped it. "

I turn over to look at Abigail who stares at me with a calm expression, looking very beautiful with her cat eye and pink lips.

“Good morning sir. " She tells me.

I snap back and smile, “Good day Miss Williams. " She nods.

“How was your night? " I ask her recalling last nights close call.

“Last night? " She asks. “It was okay. " I nod and we stare at each other for sometime.

“Julian. " Igor says and I turn to look at him.

“We have work to do,  and you're already late. " He prompts me but with a serious attitude.

I nod.

“Okay then, I'll see you around Miss Williams. " I say and then Igor escorts me outside. As we walk to my office, Igor and I don't talk and it feels awkward.

I sigh, “Igor, what is it? " I ask as he opens the door for me.

“Nothing..." He says a little bit edgy.

“Igor, what is it? " I ask a little bit annoyed.

He looks at me then scratches his neck nervously.

“Igor! " I yell and he jumps.

“Alright, alright. " He says lifting his arms up in surrender.

“All I want to say is that you should be careful. I don't want you hurting Miss Williams. " He says seriously.

“Me? Hurt Abigail? " I ask. “Why? "

He sighs, “I saw how you looked at her Julian, I didn't like that look. "

I sigh, “How did I look at her? "

“Argh, Julian don't be a fool. We all know how you look like when you want a girl. Abigail is not one of those girls. She's special. " He ends smiling.

“Special? " I ask and he nods. “How? "

He smirks, “I don't know, it's like she carries joy with her, I'm thinking instead of Lois-Rose, they should have named her joy. "

“Why? " I ask him.

“Because she's always smiling, you know. I asked her what her source of joy was. " He says.

I shrug, “I'm sure some guy somewhere in America... "

Igor chuckles, “No. See Julian, that's why I say she's special. It wasn't about a guy, or some makeup kit or some chiwawa, it was God, Jesus Christ. That's what she told me, that's her source of joy. "

“Oh... " I say and he smirks.

“Do you know who Jesus is? " Igor asks.

“Yeah, of course. " I end sitting in my chair. “Some guy who died on the cross."

“Yeah, some guy but not any ordinary guy my friend. " Igor says smiling.

“Really? Do you believe in that Igor. " I ask him surprised at how calm he talks about Jesus.

He nods, “Yeah my friend, I'm Spanish. I grew up in a catholic household. It was only the grace of God that got my family and I through. I've worked in dangerous places as a bodyguard, don't you think I should be dead by now. It was only the Son of man that saved me. You can change my mind on most things, but you can't tell me that the Son of man doesn't exist. Never. " He ends grinning.

“I'm so happy to have that girl here, she's going to bring back my sanity. " He ends smiling and walks out of my office singing ‘Oh happy day. ' and I just sit there, shocked that after working with Igor for over five years, I've never seen this side of him...

Never...