Chapter 13

“Good morning. " I hear Peter say to me  and I sigh. I thought it was Julian.

“Good morning. " I say forcing a smile.

“What's wrong?" He asks.

I sigh, “Oh nothing, I couldn't sleep well. Is the boss in? "

“No... I don't think so. " He says.

“Alright I'll leave you to work. " He says smiling and leaves me alone in the office.

I sit feeling even more depressed. I didn't mean to be harsh to Julian. I wouldn't normally act that way to someone who feels odd about the church but he'd been annoying so I'd just bundled everything up and gave it to him. I feel really bad right now.

I hear a knock on my door and shout to usher the person in. I see Julian enter and I become study.

“Good morning. " He says walking towards me. I stand.

“Good morning. " I respond.

“I came to check up on you and to apologize for yesterday and to give you this. " He takes his right hand from behind him and brings up red roses. I can't help but smile.

“Thank you. " I say smiling. “And I'm also sorry for yesterday, I shouldn't have been like that. "

“It's alright, I started it. " He says.

“Oh it's okay. " I say. He nods and looks around.

“Your office's nice. " He says.

“Thank you. " I look at him confused, he's being really nice today.

“I'll leave you to work now. Have a nice day. " He says then exits the room.

I can't help but smile. It was very nice of him to do this for me. I hear a knock on my door.

“Come in. " I shout and Lionel enters.

“Hey, how are you? " He asks smiling.

“I'm splendid! " I say.

“You seem really cheerful today. Who gave you those flowers?" He asks.

“Oh, Julian. " I say then he stiffens. I look at him confused.

“Why, what's wrong?? " I ask and he smiles.

“Nothing, I've never heard him give anyone in this office flowers that's all. " He says and I smile.

“Okay then, I'm glad you're doing well today. I hope to see you around lunch time. " He ends and I nod then he leaves. I smile all gleefully as I place the flowers on the table and return to work.

Julian's POV.

I sigh.

“Xia Hing, I know this deal is important to you but we'll only give it to you when you give your second presentation and not before. " I say.

“No problem, we'd do it this week. Okay, take care and see you soon. " I say then hang up. I hear a knock on my door and respond.

“Good day sir. " Lionel says.

“Hello Lionel, how has it been? "

He nods and looks at me with seriousness.

“What's wrong Lionel? " I ask him.

“Nothing, I just went to Abigail's office and saw a bunch of roses, I heard you gave it to her. " He says.

“Yes, I did. Do you have a problem. " I ask him.

He smirks, “Not really, except if she's the one I'm interested in. "

I look at him in shock.

“Well, I didn't know that you were interested in her. " I say. “Does she know? "

“No, I don't think she's supposed to. " He says annoyed.

“Then you have no right over her. " I say annoyed.

“What? " He asks.

“You heard me, you have no right over her. She's not your girlfriend, she doesn't even know you like her. " I say standing.

Lionel walks angrily towards me and shouts.

“Look Julian, you've gotten all that you want. I've busted myself and made you treat me like a rug over here but not anymore. I'm not gonna watch you take Abby from me." He says.

“And who says I'll allow you to? " I ask him smirking and he nods.

“I get it, no wonder you asked me what to do when you hurt a girl. If I had known it was for Abby, I would have thought twice before agreeing to help you. " He says then walks away from me.

I sigh and place my hands in my pockets.

“I guess our deal is off. " I say.

He smirks, “A long time ago. " He bangs the door behind him.

I sit in my chair and rub my hands on my face. I can't believe I just admitted the fact that I might be interested in Abigail. I always thought she was attractive but now I'm blown away by my own words.

Lionel knows, and he's going to do anything and everything to stop me from getting Abigail's attention. I guess I have to work hard now. No matter what happens, I have to get Abby before Lionel does.

I have to do that no matter how long it takes.