Chapter 16

Abigail POV

It's been a week now since the restaurant incident. I don't know what I did but Julian just ignores me. As his assistant, I have to attend every board meeting and help him out with other minor stuff but in all of that, he either ignores me or talks to me rudely.

"Hey!!" Peter says to me when he sees me leaving the building.

"Hey!! " I shout back. "What's up? " I ask.

"Oh everything is alright. " I say.

Peter puts his hand on his chin and smiles at me.

"What is it? " I ask him suspiciously.

He smiles, "Tell me something, are you and Lionel dating or something? "

I gasp, "What no!! "

He smiles, "Really? Cause we know about the date night you guys had last week and you often join him during lunch. " He ends.

I sigh, "No Peter, there's nothing going on. That date night was of a friendly nature plus I didn't know that if you joined someone during lunch, you were dating them otherwise dear Peter you would be dating about 10 women outside your marriage. " I end and Peter looks at me laughing.

"Alright, I get it. Sorry for being too nosey. " He says and I nod.

I tilt my head to the side, "How did you know we went out on a date last week? " I ask.

"Oh, we know Abby, we've got eyes everywhere. " He ends winking at me before saying goodbye.

I smile. It's the close of the day and I pack up my stuff. I head out the door when James calls me to tell me that he's waiting for me downstairs. I walk towards the elevator and press the button. It opens and I see Julian in it alone staring at me in surprise.

I begin to feel tensed and second guess whether I should take the stairs but I master the courage and enter right before turning closes.

I stand still in the elevator and pray that it gets to the floor quickly.

"I didn't expect to meet you here. " He tells me breaking the silent.

I look at him shocked. "Who? Me? " I ask and he laughs.

"Of course you, who else is in here? " He says and I smile.

"How was your dinner with Lionel last week? " He asks.

I look at him, "Fine, I guess. " I say.

"Fine? " He asks.

"Yeah, it was unexpected. Like, he asked me out of the blue so I wasn't really prepared but it was okay. I liked the food... " I say grinning and Julian smiles.

"I'm glad you had fun. " He says.

I look at him and he smiles back. I contemplate whether to ask him to follow me to the dinner party the workers in my dads organization will be having this weekend.

"Julian. "I say.

"Yeah... "He responds.

"There's a party being held in my dads organization this Saturday and I would like for you to come. " I say smiling.

He looks at me surprised.

"You'd want me to come? " He asks.

"Yeah, I'm inviting you since I'm a daughter of the owner... I've got myself some veto power." I say and he laughs.

"Alright, I'll come because you asked. " He says. "I hope it will be fun. "

I look at him and smile, " Thank you and don't worry, it's gonna be massively fun!!"

Just the elevator opens and I walk out even before Julian, smiling like I just won the lottery out of the building.