Episode 8

Exiting the Japanese-style room, Kazuki was lead by Erika to a garden, which was maintained very well.
Erika, who had changed to a black lacquered geta, was walking in front, while making clanking sounds.

She stopped under a large tree, which was more than 20m tall. In a view where cherry blossom petals were fluttering about like in an illusion, she turned towards Kazuki.

「Greeting you again. I am Tasuku Sumeragi's daughter, Erika Sumeragi」

「Harold Stokes」

As soon as they finished giving their names, silence descended again. Harold's speech didn't express any kind of friendly atmosphere at all.

(Or rather, when did this tone return.........)

Come to think of it, he recalled that even in the original work, Harold would always speak in a harsh tone with Erika. Perhaps, he could use polite language only in front of his superiors.

「This tree is called 『Sakura』 and it is a flower which represents our, Sumeragi house's, hometown. It wasn't existing in these lands, but it seems as though when the feudal lord of those times migrated here, he planted the sapling that he had brought with him. It is a story of about 500 years ago, but now, it has become the symbol of the Sumeragi house」

While Kazuki was being fed up at Harold's foulmouthed tone, all of a sudden he was told about the history of the Sumeragi's hometown.
Since she was troubled by the silence, for the time being, Erika started explaining about the cherry blossom tree which was in front of her eyes. It was admirable that even though her mental state wasn't calm, her spirit to serve as a guide wasn't diminished.

Honestly speaking, it was an unsuitable topic for children to speak about frankly, but for Kazuki who was familiar with cherry blossoms, it was a suitable material for him to bite onto.

「It is different from the 『Sakura』 I know of」

The name of this tree wasn't clear in the game, but the shape of its petals and the way it was attached to the tree was different from the Somei Yoshino one could commonly see in Japan. Somehow, even the color was deeper.
So, even a type like this exists? Even though he thought of it, it wasn't as though he would get an answer.

「Do you know about Sakura?」

Although Erika was expressionless until now, her eyes wavered slightly at his reply.

「No, it's probably something different with a similar appearance. Well, that kind of thing doesn't matter」

His mouth, which was in its best condition even today, bluntly cut down Erika's question.
This was the result when he tried to just change the topic.
Being treated coldly, Erika's expression turned grim. He didn't know if that expression was hate or vigilance.

(Come to think of it, out of the people who appear, the only one that Erika loathes is me)

The easiest way to represent Erika, was without a doubt, as "Yamato Nadeshiko".
Even while being the daughter of a highly distinguished noble family, she had an attitude of not discriminating anybody, no matter who it was, and let alone allies, she would smile and be gentle even towards enemies, and she also had the tolerance to quietly support the protagonist. The amount of players who were softened down by her, who would always maintain a calm bearing, were uncountable.

The one who made such a girl enraged to the point of slapping him, was none other than Harold. To make her do something like that, in a certain sense, it was an achievement.
Although, there were some players who named Erika slapping Harold as "Reward", and they would replay that event to appreciate it.