Episode 31

In the imperial capital Amajil, there was a castle called Regalia castle. It was the so-called royal castle where the royalty that ruled over the country lived, and it was also the place where the high level executives that managed the country discussed affairs.
This Regalia castle was situated at almost the exact center of the capital and because it was erected on an artificially built rectangular platform, it was a symbolic structure that could be seen from anywhere within the capital.

And at the foot of Regalia castle, stone walls had been built as though to enclose the platform. Those walls had two places at the north and south where gates were placed, and the distance to the castle from the walls in a straight line was about a hundred and fifty meters. The space that expanded between the platform and the walls in the form of passages surrounding the castle didn't only function as a fortress in the times of emergencies, but was also the core of the military unit directly under the supervision of the King, the Saint King's chivalric order.

Starting form the headquarters that supervised the whole chivalric order, lodging for the residence of the members and training grounds for them were included, and excluding the people who were on long term expeditions or placed at other locations, all the members of the Saint King's chivalric order ate and slept within these grounds.
While receiving this explanation from Robinson and the others, Harold partially ignored it while waiting for the time to come. By the way, inwardly, even now he felt as though his legs would give out when he looked at Robinson's face.

Even at the time in the middle of their journey towards the imperial capital, when he was pressed for confirmation of him being able to use magic from Robinson, he had spontaneously fired out magic due to fear. Although he had conquered his fear to a certain extent by fighting against monsters, Robinson's appearance was shocking enough to shake even that mental strength.

「.........Rather than that, where did that guy go?」

「I think that he'll come back soon. Well, it's fine to simply wait without minding it」

「'In the meanwhile, become an exhibit', is it? Don't screw around」

As if his inward annoyance was oozing out, Harold spat that out. His true feelings were unusually in agreement with his words. The reason was the situation that surrounded Harold and the others currently.
At the training grounds that was being used for inter-personal combat drills, Harold was standing stock still while being surrounded at a distance by a great number of the members of the chivalric order.
That face was irritation personified. After they arrived at the imperial capital, when he thought they were passing through the chivalric order's establishment directly, the person responsible disappeared before he knew it, and on top of it, because he had been neglected and left as an exhibit, it wasn't unreasonable that he was like that.

「Yaa yaa, Sorry for the wait」

Without even noticing even a little bit of Harold's irritation, Cody returned in his usual lax manner.
Restraining his urge to send Cody flying with a kick, Harold demanded an explanation about the situation for now.

「You bastard, where had you gone. To begin with, who are they?」

「Sorry, sorry, I had some small business, you see. And, I want Harold-kun to fight with those guys. The thing called enrollment examination?」

「What?」

Harold wasn't the only one who reacted to Cody's words. All the members who had gathered also burst out in murmurs. It seemed as though they too hadn't been given an explanation beforehand. And then, a bearded man questioned Cody.

「What's this, Cody. We only heard that we'll be testing the fledglings though」

「That's right. This fight will act as both that test and also as an enrollment exam for him」