Episode 27

Those emotions that hinted at his true feelings, for them to be expressed as words was a difficult feeling. The most appropriate might be the feeling of being deeply moved.
Finally, he had already come to the point where he met with the hero of 『Brave Hearts』, Ryner. 

The chance meeting that should have happened five years in the future according to the game, had already been accomplished. Although it was completely outside his expectations, being able to build a friendly relationship with Ryner had proved that his actions up until now hadn't been wrong.

Involuntarily, the corners of his mouth rose up. It looked like an extremely evil smile. The participants who personally saw it were attacked by chills, and all of them simultaneously retreated. Harold, whose conscious had completely shifted onto Ryner, didn't notice the situation around him.

How can I gain his trust? How high is his strength currently? Does he have a close relationship with Colette like in the game?- Harold only had these thoughts inside his head right now.

As a matter of fact, soon after Harold came to know that this was the world of 『Brave Hearts』, while establishing the objective of evading his own death flags, only once he had thought that there might not be any need for him to personally take any action.
Frankly speaking, this world was something that was produced. It was an interweaving of characters and fate determined by the producers, a story with its conclusion already determined.

There will always be a protagonist in a story and they possess something called plot armor.
That, which could also be called as the will of the author, was a tremendous power that could make the surrounding circumstances, the flow of the environment, the world itself an ally of the protagonist. Naturally, inside the game, even Ryner had been saved by it. If that wasn't the case, no matter how outstanding they were, there was no way the world could be saved by some 10 odd people.

But contrarily, as long as Ryner was the protagonist, people would, the world would ally with him. This world too should have surely been made in that manner.
That's why, he doubted the necessity of a small existence like Harold Stokes trying out to help. Without doing anything unnecessary, quickly getting out of the front stage of the story, it would be be much better and would also be as far away as possible from danger if he became some nameless Villager A.
Like that itself, wouldn't it be fine to just play dumb in some corner of the world like the minor role he was and wait for the story to welcome the happy ending.

If he thought back to it now, that might have been him shrinking back due to his future, wanting to throw away his duties and escaping. But still, the reason he wasn't invited by that easy way out was because of the fact that he had saved Clara.
Although it was with Harold's assistance, she was able to escape her death which should have already been determined.
In short, even if this was a world that resembled the game 『Brave Hearts』, there was no correction power that existed like in the story.

If this hypothesis was correct, then even if Harold ran away, there might not be any villain who would appear instead of him. That would make the story collapse. It might also serve as a negative effect on the protagonist's growth. The protagonist who couldn't grow as much as in the game couldn't save the world- to also avoid this kind of situation, Harold continued to be involved in the story.

(.......But if you think about it in the other way, it would also be possible to strengthen Ryner)

Although Harold had just focused on the negative aspects and hadn't even thought about it until they actually met, by making him accumulate more experience than in the game and by teaching him how to efficiently fight against enemies, Ryner could become stronger than in the game.

Hiding this secret motive, Harold was waiting for their confrontation. Until the fight against Ryner, all the other participants he fought with, were defeated in a single move without any exceptions.
And the battle against Ryner was, as though someone had planned for it, was on the stage for the finals. Both their victories were overwhelming. Almost none of their opponents could exchange blows with them. And when the two of them stood against each other on the stage, the spectators' excitement had reached the peak.