Episode 43

(Black Clothed A's POV)

"That was the boy we heard so much about?"

On the way to the settlement of the Star Aria Tribe, we were running side by side when conversation broke out.

"Yeah, that was definitely the boy the master* told us about."

He's very high-handed, or maybe arrogant?

It wouldn't have been easy for us to leave our lives to Harold, though that shouldn't be a surprise considering all the things we've heard about his personality beforehand.

However, in that last scene we saw that Harold is actually a young boy full of kindness, he just can't be honest with himself in front of people. Otherwise, I'm not sure if we would've been able to commit ourselves to this.

Receiving an emergency summons, I remember the day our lives were given to that boy.

Our master Tasuku had a mysterious expression plastered on his face, as if a large scale battle was expected to happen soon.

I've already risked my life many times on missions, but I don't hate orders like this.

Everyone could feel that the master wasn't his usual self. While thinking that, Tasuku began to explain the circumstances of the mission this time.

"This job is about a fight that will break out between the the Knight Order and the Star Aria Tribe, with the true culprit being the Sarian Empire. They're going to instigate the fight between the two groups."

"...why do you think the Imperials are behind this?"

"We've received information that in the confusion they'll take the chance to capture members of the Tribe."

Certainly, this would be a big deal if it's true. If left unchecked, this could develop into a civil war.

However, something still felt off to me.

"Under such circumstances, wouldn't it be better to send actual soldiers instead of a unit like us?"

"We don't have enough evidence to confirm these claims so we can't make any conspicuous movements. If it's true, I would've preferred to avoid dispatching you as well. I wouldn't want to risk anyone making the connection between your unit and the Sumeragi family."

"You would send us despite the risk being so high?"

I just need to know, why?

To my inquiry, a bitter smile floated up on Tasuku's face.

"...it's not something to be proud off, but I've been taking a lot of things that belong to Harold-kun."

Harold. That name sounds familiar to me.

The daughter of the Sumeragi family's fiancé, Erika's fiancé.

The information gathered on Harold after the engagement was announced wasn't very good. Not a lot of people are willing to bless their engagement.

"Why is his name coming up here?"

"Harold-kun is planning on going to this battlefield alone to stop this fight."

"...I can only think of that plan as reckless, I would advise him to stop."

"That child will not stop. All by himself, that child has been fighting alone for a long time."

Tasuku sadly murmured, it almost felt as if he were blaming himself when he said that.

He was trying to support Harold, a boy who was planning to cut ties with the Sumeragi Family. It wouldn't be easy to convince people who were unaware of Harold's true nature to help him.