Episode 34

Waking up at sunrise, the new recruits would do the morning training for about 2 hours. After breakfast, they would do miscellaneous jobs within the chivalric order, and depending on the situation, they would patrol around the city following behind their seniors like ducklings. And after lunch, they would do nothing but train. When it was actually done, it was quite a hard schedule.

It had already been more than about 2 weeks since he had continued this lifestyle, but there had been no changes with Harold. This was true for both himself and his surroundings. To start with, with regards to either stamina or ability in training, he had no troubles. No matter how much he moved, his stamina limit wasn't found, and he could finish any training no matter what it was.

On the other hand, due to his mouth that continued to throw out rash remarks towards his superior officer as though he had no idea about the concept of TPO, it was troublesome since supplements kept on being added to his training menu. Although he had a body that could easily complete the increased training, thinking about how the instructor's impression about him was crawling on the ground, he was fearful everyday thinking that he might be asked to leave before long.

It was as usual with his surroundings, where he was avoided by his contemporaries and was always getting caught up with the anti-Harold force. By the way, he didn't know much about his roommates. This was because he was always training during his free time due to not being able to stand the silence in the room. It had completely changed into a room that he used only for sleeping. That is, other than his human relations being in a devastating condition, there were no particular fatal troubles for now.

And so, today, when he was going to find lunch in preparation for the afternoon training, he was abruptly called to the instructor's room. When Harold, filled with trepidation, went towards the instructor's room thinking, 'No way, am I really going to be dismissed?', without any preface, the instructor informed him.

「Harold, you'll take the final examination of the basic training course」

「The final examination?」

「That's right. If you succeed, you'll openly graduate from a new recruit and be enlisted」

Thinking, 'Come to think of it, there was something like that in the code which consolidates the rules of the chivalric order', he dug through his hazy memories. If that memory was correct, then only those who had enlisted for more than 1 year were qualified to take up the final examination of the basic training course.

「I thought that it still hasn't even been a month since I've enlisted though? It seems as though the flow of time is different here」

「It's an exceptional case this time. It has been judged that your strength has already far surpassed the limits of the new recruits」

「That was already known at the time of the enrollment examination. Well, I'll praise you for your judgment to make an exceptional case」

Even towards his superior officer, he spoke in a condescending manner as though it were natural. For Harold, he couldn't help but think that it was mystery as to why they still hadn't chased him out with that crazy attitude of his. And he was also surprised at the sudden final examination. But he had no hesitation about taking it.

The original work's Harold's official post was unknown, but thinking about he would sometimes bring his subordinates along, it could be guessed that he had some high position. Harold himself had no interest in position, but he would lose nothing if he could move around freely to some extent.

「The final examination is in a few days. The content will be informed on the day of the exam, but make your preparations for going on an expedition」