Episode 24

Since Harold made the decision without even thinking about it, the rumors circulating in his territory about him being a battle junkie might not have been necessarily wrong. Although the danger was less, his resistance towards fighting becoming lower was also another change. This was the result of him coming to the clear decision that if it wasn’t like this, he wouldn’t survive.

「By the way, is your body alright? I heard that you fought against a huge Horn Head on this expedition」

「That again」

Maybe because Tasuku had asked the same question every time they met after Harold came back from an expedition, Harold’s voice sounded completely fed up.
But for Tasuku, or rather for the Sumeragi, in the past when they had thought that Harold had come to visit, he had been seriously injured. When they had encountered such a situation, although they came to know that he was strong, they were still extremely worried. Moreover, because it was the Harold who had wanted to conclude the matter saying, 「It’s just a scratch」, they were all the more concerned.

Especially Erika, who on the surface didn’t show any excessive concern by respecting Harold’s feelings saying, 「Since Harold-sama himself has decided」, since she started to seriously practice healing magic from that day onwards, her honest emotions were that she couldn’t simply sit still without doing anything.
From the time Erika had started practicing healing magic, Harold hadn’t gotten injured, and so as of yet her power hadn’t healed any injuries of Harold. But still, Erika’s devotion towards Harold, which was shown by her practicing healing magic diligently every single day, was real. Although, Harold hadn’t realized it yet.

「Did you really think that I would lose to that small fry whose only characteristic was its large size? Speak only after you think」

「Saying that with Harold-kun’s age itself is surprising」

「Even your son is like that though」

Itsuki, who had recently turned 16, too could easily defeat a Horn Head on his own. He was the only person who had enough ability to equal Harold in the same generation.
It was the same for Itsuki too, and so they would always compete by holding bouts frequently.

Although Itsuki had just been addressed as Erika’s brother in the game and without even his name appearing in it, he was that strong. Most probably, there were still many formidable people unknown to Harold.
It was huge that at the current stage, he became aware that the overwhelming advantage of having the game’s knowledge might become an obstacle.

When he took this into consideration, Harold thought that it was correct of him to deepen his relationship with the Sumeragi even if the risks increased. Even with the prime unresolved problem, which was his relationship with Erika, there had been almost no progress at all since 3 years ago. He had blatantly kept a distance, and had conversed only when necessary while keeping it to the bare minimum.
There had been no fiance-like events at all.

(With this, it would be impossible to raise a flag, right?)

Things were going so favorably that he unintentionally wanted to laugh. Although he couldn’t be careless about the situation of the expanding miasma in the Sumeragi territory, only this had to be resolved by the protagonists, so he couldn’t interfere. But still, with the introduction of the resistance drug and the experimental implementation of LP farming, it was true that the situation had become considerably better.
‘That said, carelessness is one’s greatest enemy. If I think about the future, there are piles of problems and before the start of the game 5 years from now, as much as possible I’ll pluck those death flags that will eventually be raised from their roots!’, thought Harold, as he once again strengthened his determination.