Episode 9

Coming back to the Stokes mansion after about 3 weeks, there were no signs of any particular change. If there was a change, it was that Jake had started cultivating crops on his own using the LP farming method in his home garden. It seemed as though he was still dubious after only listening to it.

However, looking at it being effective, Jake, who had discovered hope in the LP farming method to break-out of the difficult economic situation, energetically started putting his efforts towards its practical implementation.
Since Norman was also skillfully moving under the surface, it still wasn't perceived by his parents. It could be said that until here, everything was going according to the plan.

And then, on a certain day after about 10 days had passed after returning back from the Sumeragi territory, when the practical implementation of the LP farming method was imminent, Kazuki, who was performing his daily training, received a notification that a visitor had come for him.

「A visitor for me?」

「Yes, that's true」

Even if such a thing was told all of a sudden, Kazuki had no idea about who it might be. As expected, even he didn't know about the relationships Harold might have had in his childhood.

「The visitor's name is?」

「It is Erika Sumeragi-sama」

Hearing the name Norman spoke of, Kazuki stopped swinging the sword.

(Why has Erika come.........)

Please pardon me from any troubling situations during this strangely busy time right before the practical implementation of the LP farming method- this was Kazuki's mental state.
In the first place, for what had she come. There was no way she would come to meet the one who had been so abusive during their first meeting.

If he thought about it, it must be some kind of response concerning the letter. He couldn't understand as to why Erika was selected as the messenger.
At any rate, even if he thought about it while holding the sword in the backyard, he wouldn't be able to make any sense of it.

「Send her to the terrace」

Hayden wasn't here since he was at work, but his mother, Jessica, was at home. Even today, since she was holding an elegant noble-styled friendly meet in the party room, and though the probability of an encounter would be low if they went to the indoor guest room, since it concerned the letter, he chose a place where it would be difficult for there to be any hindrances.
Truthfully, his room would be the optimal place, but for example, if all of a sudden he brought his fiancee into his room, it would give rise to unwanted misunderstandings, so he showed prudence. He knew that there was no way 10 year old children could cause any misunderstanding, but he took precautions just in case.

For the time being, Kazuki washed his sweat with water, and after changing his clothes, he went towards the terrace.
There, was the appearance of Erika enjoying the Black tea brewed by the waiter of the Stokes house.

Different from the other day's Kimono, today's outfit was that of a Hakama that students wore. It was a scene where it was considerably imbalanced for her, who was wearing pure Japanese-style clothes, to be sitting on a Western wooden chair.

「What did you come here for?」

While sitting down facing her, Harold asked in a really displeased voice.
If it was regarding the letter, there was no way he could let someone hear it, so for now, he made the waiter fall back by waving his hand.

「In this situation, normally shouldn't the first sentence be "Sorry for making you wait" ?」

For Kazuki, it was his intention to tell something similar to that. It was just that the words and the nuance didn't reflect it at all.
It might have leaked out that he considered it to be a pain to talk her.