chapter vi

September 15, 2015
"I know your lips are sweet, but our lips must never meet."

"I can't believe I'm doing this, I can't believe I'm doing this..." Kat stammers to herself in the mirror.

She knows that she shouldn't have agreed to his Spencer's invite, but when she's around him, her thoughts are clouded.

She keeps it casual with an old sweatshirt and a pair of distressed jeans. To balance out her just-rolled-out-of-bed, stereotypical college girl outfit, she ensures her hair is well kept and her makeup is untouched.

When Kat arrived to her apartment, she expected to see her roommates laying on the couch binging on carbs, but all of them were out.

to thot block: hey guys, I'm going over to a friend's place tonight. I should be home by 9

thot block
from joss 💞 : Be safe! Text us if you need someone to walk you home!

to thot block : will do :)

Kat passes by the mirror on the kitchen to fluff up her hair one last time. She takes a deep breath, and slings her backpack over her shoulder and heads out the door.

Back at Spencer's apartment, he stares at his own reflection. His tie can't seem to sit in the center of his shirt. After five minutes of re-adjusting, he huffs in defeat and walks back into the kitchen. He opens the lid of the pot on the stove, releasing the steam of the boiling pasta.  He begins to strain out the pasta, when he hears a knock on the door.

"Oh shit." He winces. For a split second, his hand moves onto the scorching hot pot. He places the pot back onto the stove and runs over to the door.

Before he unlocks the door, he runs his hands through his hair one last time.

"Katrina." He smiles.

"Dr. Reid." She nods.

"Please, come in." Kat steps into the complex and is met with the aroma of freshly made tomato sauce. "Make yourself at home. Are you hungry?"

"No, I'm good. Thank you." She sets her backpack on the couch and continues to explore the area. Hung from the walls are framed photos of some of Spencer's favorite memories. A few with him and his mother, a few with his godson, Henry, and the last few with his ex-colleagues when they would go out as friends, not FBI agents.

"This is a nice apartment." She tells Spencer.

"Thank you. Are you sure you're not hungry?" Kat turns her head to see him holding up two plates of pasta.

"Oh, fine. I'll eat." Spencer smiles with content. He follows Kat into the living room and sets the food on the coffee table before walking back to the kitchen to pour himself a drink.

"I'd offer you a glass of wine, but that would probably be deemed unprofessional." He laughs.

"I'm sitting in your apartment at eight o'clock at night, about to eat dinner with you. I think a small glass of wine is the least of our concerns." Kat replied from the couch.

Spencer doesn't respond. Instead, he brings out another glass from the cupboard and fills it up.

"Thank you." She smiles smugly as he hands her the glass.