chapter ix

September 18, 2015
"I'll be the thinking of you."

It's only been two days, and Katrina can't even fathom how much she's craving to be in Spencer's arms. Saying she misses him is more than an under statement.

After a long week of classes and work, all Kat wants to do is curl with a good book in bed and rest. Unfortunately for her, her roommates have other plans for her.

"No, no and no. Guys, it's been a long week and I'm exhausted." Kat breathes out.

"Kat, you never go out with us anymore. Just one more party before we graduate, please?" Celia begs, with Josslin and Viviana both agreeing.

"If you don't get your ass out of that bed, I'm going to physically drag you out." Viviana threatens.

Kat looks at their pleading eyes (and Viviana's intimidating eyes) and thinks. The last time they all went to a frat party was back during their sophomore year, and there are lots of reasons why Kat never went back. But she figures one last party won't hurt.

"Okay, okay. I'm going. Just give me 10 minutes." She groans.

"That's my girl." Viviana smiles.

Kat scours through her closet until she finds a pair of black skinny jeans, a rose gold ribbed satin cropped tank top, and her black pumped ankle boots. She still has on the makeup she applied earlier in the morning, so she only dusts a slight amount of powder and mists her face with a rosewater spray which she stole from Celia. She then slips in a few dollars into her pocket before joining her roommates in their living room.

When they reach the frat house, it's already overflowing with intoxicated college students, including AJ.

"Hey!!!" She stumbles over to the four girls, attempting to give each of them a hug. "C'mon, let's get you a drink!" AJ cheers, tugging on Kat's arms. Kat looks back at her roommates for help, but they only laugh.

"Here." AJ holds out a salt shaker. Kat moistens the tip of her finger and AJ pours on a generous amount of salt. She then places a shot of tequila as well as a slice of lime beside Kat on the counter, and repeats the process for herself. "1, 2, 3." They both quickly eat the salt, gulp down the shot, and finally bite into the lime.

Kat makes a puckered face immediately after, but AJ is fueled up and even more excited than before.

"How was your night with Dr. Reid, Katrina?" AJ slurs as they walk into the living room

Kat's eyes widen. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh shut up! You guys talk wayyy too loud, you know that? I overheard everyyything!"

"AJ, you're shit-faced right now. Your thoughts are being clouded by the tequila."

"I'm drunk, not stupid. Hey everyone! My friend here is fucking our professor!" Kat tries to cover AJ's mouth fast enough before the last words erupt her mouth but she's too late. She looks around to see if anyone was paying attention, but luckily everyone near them is either too drunk or making out with one another.

"What the fuck was that?!"

"Aw is poor Katrina afraid she's going to get caught?" AJ begins to bring her hand to Kat's cheek, but she pushes it away. AJ is about to say something else until she sees another familiar face, abandoning Kat.