chapter xx

Preface: This is definitely not my best, but I really hated putting off publishing it. I rushed through revisions, so my apologizes for any grammar errors in advance. enjoy <3

Warning: Light mentions of daddy kinks and drug use (weed)

December 2, 2015
"They don't know about us."

"Look at her." AJ grimaces, "Sitting there with her little Lululemon outfit. You know, if she wasn't rich, she wouldn't even be here."

"C'mon, stop." Kat laughs, due to the subtle truth behind the statement.

Business was slower than usual for a Tuesday afternoon. Only a handful of customers have stopped by including, an elderly couple and a few sleep deprived students- one of them being Melanie.

Despite Spencer's obvious uninterest, that didn't stop Melanie from visiting him during office hours, batting her eyelashes at him and trying to fiddle with his tie.

"All I'm saying is you and Dr. Reid should totally make out in front of her. Or better yet! Airdrop her one of the pictures he sent you."

"AJ! We don't do that type of stuff." She feels her cheeks go red.

"You're telling me that you and our gorgeous, six foot one, ex-FBI agent professor, who smells like a warm vanilla, cinnamon candle, Doctor Spencer Reid, have never sent each other pictures?"

"How do you even- you know what, I'm not even going to ask. But no. He's not much of an 'over the phone' type of guy. He doesn't trust the internet."

"Shit, I don't blame him. Cyberattacks literally happen every 39 seconds." Kat quirks an eyebrow at the random drop of knowledge. "So, if he isn't a technology guy, what kind of guy is he then?" Kat snaps her head to face AJ to see a devilish smirk. It takes Kat a while to connect the dots, but when she does, she slaps AJ in the arm.

"C'mon, Kat! You're one of my best friends, and you haven't given a single detail beyond your guys' dates."

"And why do you think that is?"

"Please?"

Kat rolls her eyes, but agrees. "Okay, so like, we've used his ties before, we've done it in his office a few times-" AJ lets out a loud laugh.

"I'm sorry, keep going."

"Don't judge, but recently we've tried doing more name calling stuff, like you know how people call their partner names that don't exactly mean what the word actually means, but more about what the word represents in terms of the relationship-"

"Whoa, slow down. Do you call him daddy?" Kat immediately breaks eye contact, and that's all AJ needs. "Holy shit! I guess Spencer's vanilla scent is all a facade then-" Kat hits AJ again at the comment. "Don't be embarrassed! I always knew my baby girl Katrina was hiding something!"

Kat scrunches her face at the nickname. "Oh my god, don't ever call me baby girl."

"Oh right, only Spencer can do that."

"I literally hate you right now."

"No, you don't." They go back in forth until they hear someone clearing their throat from the other side of the register.