Chapter 3: Did somebody burn a Smurf?

"You're on crack Bree."

"I like Stelena more, what's wrong with that?" I said shrugging my shoulders as I tried to adjust the bow.

"Delena was way better and hotter."

"That's like saying Team Jacob is better then Team Edward!"

"It is." She said shrugging before turning the opposite direction towards our instructor.

I can't with her right now.

I take in the sweet smell of the camp as I hold my dominant hand out so that it was perpendicular to the ground just like the instructor said.

The smell of fresh grass and pine trees filled my lungs bringing me utter joy.

"Are you going to the showdown tonight? Hell's Hilary was talking about it this morning." Abby said still in shooting position but turned so she was facing me.

"I doubt i'll be able to make it if I get struck between my eyebrows with an arrow." I said ducking out of her shooting range.

"Oh sorry!" She said letting go of the arrow slowly and turning it upside down.

"What's the showdown?"

"It's like this little thing they put together the first week of camp where they gather all of us and tell us about the camp games towards the end of camp."

"Camp games?"

"Wow you really are uncultured seeing how your brother is a freaking counselor here." she said starting a laugh.

"Oh yeah, because every summer when my brother came home I was always so eager about learning every single detail of his beloved camp." I said with large amounts of sarcasm.

"What do you even do during the summer? You know... besides waiting for your brother to come home so he could talk about his beloved camp!" She said also hinting the sarcasm.

I thought hard about how I wanted to answer her.

"Mostly gym training and hanging out with my best friend Angie. Other than that I stayed home most of the time." I said shrugging my shoulders before aiming my bow again.

I mean I wasn't lying.

I did mostly just go to gym training and I'd occasionally hang out with my friends. It wasn't like I was some sort of freak who stayed in their house slowly rotting to the sounds of Panic at The Disco with my shrine dedicated to some sort of fictional Harry Potter character. I definitely wasn't lying about staying in most of the time...

I just felt safer inside.

"So why did you decide to come this summer?"

"I just wanted to get away for a while."

Still wasn't a lie.

I stayed still for a moment trying to coordinate and aim where the arrow would hit but I lost my grip making the arrow fly the opposite direction almost decapitating a near bystander.

"Bree!" Our instructor Ms. Padilla yelled looking over at me with her hand over her heart.

"Sorry miss!" I yelled running over to retrieve the arrow before she could decapitate me herself.

"I get I broke your headphones once but this is just ridiculous." I turn around to see the bystander was Adam Scott, my brothers bestfriend since 2nd grade.

"Adam!" I said running over to him and giving him a hug.

"Hey munchkin." He said ruffling my hair so it was a disgusting mop.