Chapter Negative 12

"Do you need a ride to the party?" My brother peeked his head through my bedroom door.

"No, I'm just fine dweeb. Dana is picking me up."

"I'm glad you took a shower, you stink after practice." He laughed and laid down my bed. I ignored him and finished straightening my hair, it was a struggle but I decided to actually make an effort tonight.

"Are you meeting Cathy there?"

"Of course, I shall not leave my boo thang waiting. Why are you dressed all up?" He raised an eyebrow and skimmed over my outfit before letting a laugh escape his mouth.

"Shut up loser! I'm actually trying today." I chuckled and leaned over to throw a pillow from my chair at him.

"You're really something aren't you, who are you trying to impress? Tryna find a boyfriend? A man? A scrumptious baby daddy?"

"God you should be happy you have Cathy because I doubt any other girl would tolerate you." I half-laughed while rolling my eyes in the process.

"Of course I'm lucky, hell, I'm the luckiest guy in the universe." He threw his head back and squished one of my gymnastic themed pillows to his face. "I think I'm in love with her."

"Jackson really?!" I turned around and faced him.

"Yeah..." He timidly said, his face starting to burn up.

"Awhhh!" I set my curler down and ran to my bed, throwing myself on top of him and shaking him vigorously. "My brother's in loooveeeee." I said stretching out the "ove"

"Get off of me!" He pinched my sides sending me hurdling off of him and onto the wooden floor.

"Are you okay?" He said stretching over the bed to look down at my now sore body on the floor.

"Just peachy." I got up and dusted myself off, smoothing out my skinny black leather pants.

"I think Dana just pulled up, I'll head over to the party later." He said peering out the window.

"Alright, how do I look good?" I went to the mirror and did a last minute make up check.

"You always look good sis." He gave me a genuine smile and I couldn't help but return one back. "Except after practice."

"Okay whatever." I did one last eye roll before grabbing my wallet and phone.

"You look hot mamacita!" Dana yelled from the driver's seat as I stepped in her red convertible.

"Me? Look at you!"

I'd known Dana since third grade, she was the only person I could depend on with everything.

Besides my brother.

"Do your parents know you're going to a party?"

"I just said I was hanging out with you, I didn't really go in depth. They've been acting weird lately, always quiet at dinner and stuff." I buckled my seatbelt and threw my hand up, feeling the cold wind hit my arm.