Chapter 22: The Vampire Diaries

Don't hate me. I know I haven't updated in 40 days but trust me I HAVE GOOD REASON. I've just fallen into a sort of writer's block with this book, but I'm now back and better than ever. You're not going to want to miss these next chapters, trust me you'll like them.
.
.
.

I was sick.

I couldn't possibly make the effort to get out of bed, not with the fact that the man of my nightmares was walking distance from me. I've been sulking in my cabin for exactly 72 hours and had Indi tell Hilary that I had some sort of awful flu that enabled me to do any sort of activity outside.

He was here.
He was really here.

The minute I stared dead at him, a million memories flooded me. Why was he even here? Did he come here to torture me? Does he have some plan to slowly ruin my life until all that is left is a big piling of nothingness.

I had pretended to be sick for so long, even I was contemplating my health. The cabin was surprisingly cold, I had to steal Lucy's pink cardigan during the day. I didn't mind the grotesque clothing, probably because nobody was witnessing me in it. Truthfully I was tired of being in the small cabin, I wanted to go outside and hang out with my friends, I wanted to practice gymnastics out on the grass and read a book under the tree with Sebastian.

It was just so hard.

The boys had stopped by exactly 6 times in the span of 72 hours, Austin although comforting, decided to keep his distance from me in the cabin. He told me he didn't want to catch "the disease," I didn't blame him either. From what the girls at conjured up, it sounded like I was dying. Sebastian brought me a book to read while Mickey tried telling me vividly descriptive stories of what I had been missing. He especially liked to talk about the frisbee hitting one of the thirteen year olds straight in the dick, apparently he "cried like a little witch."

Except Mickey didn't use the term witch.

After everyone had left Austin had came back over to tell me that Carson had asked about me a couple times, all of those times concerning my health.

Austin looked back over at the door to see Sebastian and Mickey waiting outside the door, then turned back to me. "If Carson wasn't such a big stick in the ass, he would have came over here and asked you himself. You know how he is, guy's and their pride." He rolled his eyes, before exiting and closing the door behind him.

I missed Carson, a lot more than I thought I would miss someone. I wish I could have said that I only missed him because he was a good kisser, I wish I could have said that I only missed him because he was cute.

I wish I could have said that I wasn't head over heels for that big log of stupidness.

But I couldn't.

Knock, Knock.

"I brought food." I could hear my brother say from behind the wooden door.

"Come in." I muffled from underneath my blanket, hiding the bright sunlight from my face.

He creaked the door open, and stepped inside to see my pathetic sight. "So you're a vampire right? Or are you just becoming nocturnal."

"Vampires are nocturnal Jackson, don't be stupid." I spoke again, making him laugh as he set a blueberry muffin beside me.

"I haven't seen him much, he's been working with the lower kids and helping to set up the field trip." He sighed while running his fingers through his hair. "I think you should get up and stop hiding from him forever."

I sigh, repeating my options over and over in my head. I remove the covers from on top of me and walk over to the window. "I should just call mom to get me."