Chapter 23: It all makes sense.

I know what you're thinking, she hasn't updated in a while she must have died!

Well you're right I did die.

But I decided to resurrect myself and write the longest chapter to end all chapters.

I've been holding on to this chapter for a really long time, making sure it was exactly how I wanted it to be. I do caution you, there may be some trigger warnings so please be aware. Make sure you pay attention because everything will fall into place in these next couple of chapters.

Although this is a romance book, I do hope it teaches you other things along the way.
Sorry I'm being sappy I know.

Grab some popcorn and tissues, this one's a doozy!

"Are you going to be okay?"

"I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, trust me."

"Are you absolutely sure?"

"Yes!" I practically yelled at my older sibling. "Get on the bus already!"

Jackson pouted, his bottom lip poking through his teeth. "I'm worried that's all, it's only going to be you, Carson, and that dude Brandy Martin. You better not burn the camp down while we're away, at least not without me."

I laughed whilst patting my brother on his shoulder. "Don't worry, we definitely won't be burning down your precious secret collections of wooden spoons that you take everywhere with you."

"Shh!" He covered my mouth and looked around to see if anyone had been hearing our conversation, to which I started to snicker at. "How do I know you and Mr.Horndog won't get it on while everyone's gone?"

"Me and Carson?" I laughed. "I won't even talk to Carson for the next 24 hours, let alone get it on." Jackson looks at me skeptically, I reply with a stern look. "Seriously."

He finally gives in. "Fine, but you better not get it on with Brandy Martin either. I heard the dude isn't going on the field trip because he smoked crack in the Head Leader's office." Jackson turns to face Brandy, who's leaning on one of the cabins, a toothpick between his teeth. Jackson shudders. "You better not smoke crack with him either!"

"There will be no getting it on and there definitely won't be any crack intake, okay?" I rolled my eyes. "Besides, were going to be watched like a hawk the entire weekend. They have one of the advisors Larry, looking after us and I heard we're going to be cleaning up all day." I wrap my night robe to snug my body better, staring up ahead at the rest of the campers all placing there sleeping bags into the trunk of the bus. It was still dark outside, all of the kids had gotten ready and packed there stuff while Carson and I came to see everyone off, in our pajamas I might add.

Why start a field trip at 5:00 am?

"Shane hasn't tried to talk to you, right?"

I shake my head. "No, sometimes I see him walking over to me but I just turn around and walk off."  I watch as Carson places sleeping bags in the truck, Sebastian, Austin, and Mickey right beside him.

"I'll keep an eye on him, just in case he sneaks off or something." Jackson pulls me in for a hug, both of us shared concerning looks, even if he was able to conceal his better than mine.

He walks on to the bus and I stand there, the warm breeze tickling at my exposed legs. I was about to turn and say farewell to the boys when I feel a arm start to snake around my waist, pulling me back to chest with an unknown stranger.