Chapter 21: Soccor skills and New counselors! Yay?

"The key to getting every ball into your opponent's goal is maintaining your composure. You have to find the goal keeper's biggest disadvantage and use it to your advantage." Carson clapped his hands together and searched the crowd of girls. "How about..."

Please, not me.

Jesus if you're listening...

"Lucy! Come over here." As the words escaped his mouth, a pang of release came over me.

"Me?" She said walking over to the front of the girls, she swayed her hips and flipped her hair in the most seductive way she could. "Hi Carson."

"Hello Lucy." He spoke looking conflicted, like he was choosing whether he should laugh or be nervous. He grabbed her shoulders and positioned her in front of the net, and she welcomed his touch.

This is so stupid.

"Okay, remember back straight, take a deep breath." He said looking over at the net, he placed his hand on her lower back and an involuntary scoff escaped my lips.

"Would you like to add anything Bree?" I lifted my head from where I was looking directly at the ground, Carson and all the girls had found their eyes on me.

"O M G, he knows her name."

"Didn't they use to date?"

"Her? Pft that's not possible."

I placed my hand on my hip, trying my best to look absolutely uninterested. "No, please carry on... Mr. Parker."

His eyes lingered on me for a moment longer before bringing his full attention back to Lucy, who was now impatiently waiting for him to talk to her again. "Okay try it out."

Lucy kicked the ball, completely ignoring his instructions by using the tip of her foot. The ball went up and outwards landing about 15 meters away.

"Lucy, you have to use the inside of your foot. Try using your whole body to kick the ball, not just your leg." He placed his hand on her arm and gave her a reassuring look.

I scoffed again.

"Would you like to come here and show everyone Jones?" He said calmly, all eyes were on me again and I felt a sort of uneasy in the pit of my stomach.

"No I'm fine, thank you."

"No please... I insist."

I stood silently for multiple seconds, debating on whether or not I should just go up there and kick the stupid ball or maybe find a plan of escape like setting off a smoke detector.

But we're outside.

I rolled my eyes, making it effortlessly easy that I didn't give two donkey's crap about this exercise. The closer I became to him the more my body became on edge, I hated the effect he had on me.

"You can go back Lucy." His eyes were glued on mine as he spoke and I could hear Lucy huff beside us. "So I suspect you know what you're doing?"

"Well I did have someone teach me once, but apparently I have awful aim." I said through gritted teeth, not even bother to look at him.