Chapter 26: First Kiss

October 31, 2013.
"The girl in front of me had just spilled soda all over my shoes.
It could have been worse, I knew that. I was the one who put myself in the situation, I didn't have to go with them. I just did..."

"Yo Carson, you made it!" I turned around to see Mickey walking towards me, an eye patch covering his left eye. "I knew you would come as soon as I said Julie was coming."

I smile, although I knew Mickey from class, I wasn't exactly close enough friends with him. That's why I wasn't going to show up, but I did.

I heard that Julie Sawa was coming.

"Yeah well you know." I shrugged looking around the room for Sebastian or Austin, knowing Sebastian he'd probably be sulking in the restroom.

"If you're looking for Julie I just saw her a couple of minutes ago." He pointed behind him and I shake my head.

"No just Sebastian and Austin." I say while continuing to scan the room. Those bozos better have not ditched me.

"I saw Sebastian a minute ago, he's dressed as a frigid santa claus right?" He spoke, I try to stifle the laugh within me.

I shrug once again, "He said he's Ernest Hemingway, I don't know. What about Austin?"

"Who's Austin?" Mickey squinted as if it'd make his hearing better.

Right, Austin doesn't go to the same middle school as us. "Never mind, do you have a place for me to wipe off my shoes?"  As if on cue, I start to see Austin walking towards me. His usually split down the middle long blonde hair was spray painted to look brown, his fake werwolf teeth pointing especially sharp.

"Carson did you see those guy's shoes, they looked lit as fu-" He was about to say before I cut him off.

"Where's Sebastian?"

"I'm right here." I whip around to see a very depressed Sebastian standing beside me. "Mickey's older brother has been talking to me about his new convertible for hours."

Mickey looked embarrassed, scratching the back of his neck. "Yeah sorry about that, my mom said I could only have friends over if my older brother's watch us." He shuffled  on the ground. "But we just played spin the bottle a couple of minutes ago and I kissed Heather Bensley! On the mouth too!"

"Did Julie play?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Oh yeah," He opened his mouth as realization hit him. "But don't worry she only kissed like one guy."

I sigh, "Great." I mutter looking down at my beat up converse, I could have got new one's already but that would require a trip to the mall with my grandma and I didn't want to worry her. "Where's your bathroom again?"

"Upstairs to the left." He said pointing up, just don't go into my parent's bedroom. He looked over so that he was now looking at Austin, "Yo I'm Mickey."

Austin smiled, "Sup dude, nice house."

"Want to see my backyard? It has a trampoline." Mickey spoke.

Austin replied with excitement as the boys walked towards the back, "I like your costume by the way Carson!" Mickey yelled before leaving.

It wasn't anything special, just a fireman. I was going to go as the grim reaper but Gabby puked all over my costume last minute, so instead I just used last year's costume."Hey I'm going to clean up my shoes, want to come?" I look over at Sebastian.