Chapter 19: The Odd Ones Out

"Twenty-five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope"

"And so I told Jonathan to leave him alone and he turned around and said "stay out of this." I got like really mad right? Then my boyfriend got really mad and he ended up beating the guy up. Then his girlfriend Jasmine got mad and started yelling at me to get my boyfriend off of her boyfriend.."

"I realized quickly when I knew I should
That the world was made up of this brotherhood of man"

"I said 'Listen up bioch! He's just protecting me so maybe you should control your man!' She ended up flicking my boob! Can you believe that!"

"And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed just to get it all out
What's in my head"

"Then I started flicking her boob and she got mad at me, then her boyfriend and my boyfriend stopped fighting to watch us flick each other's boobs! I said 'Oh so now you guys are good?!' and they just looked at us and nodded and then me and the girl started laughing and afterwards we all went out for tequila shots. I got kind of wasted but it was okay because my boyfriend called-"

"Lucy! Stop talking." I yelled running my hands over my face, I took my earphones out of my ears and faced Lucy who was hovering beside me while I lay in bed. "I love you, I really do. But when you talk to me I feel like my brain is having little mini parakeets nip at it."

I stand up from where I was laying, throwing my hoodie over my tight tank top and letting my hair fall down from its bun. "I'm going to listen to music somewhere else, okay?"

"Wait but don't you want to hang out with me? We don't have any activities today." She pouted and a ping of guilt came over me, I didn't want to leave her alone in the cabin...

But I also couldn't hear her talk about Jonathan or Jasmine anymore, at least for my mental health.

"How about later we'll go walk down to the gas station and get slushees?" I said trying my best not to grit my teeth.

She immediately perked up, showing her white canines. "Okay! But oh my gosh did you hear who Hilary is dating? I heard he bent down on one knee and proclaimed his love for her, Chasity told me he gave her a promise ring and eve-"

"Goodbye Lucy." I walked out of the cabin, feeling the warm summer air on my face, it was Saturday.

Exactly one week since the whole thing went down, exactly one week of me and Carson completely ignoring each other's presence. Everyone knew what was up, a couple people even went out of there way to come up to me and ask me if I was okay. I usually shrugged them off, an eye roll here and there.

Why were they asking me? Was I that transparent? Did my face have I want Carson Parker but he doesn't want me written on my forehead?

The boys had been pestering me with questions all week, Austin was the one to ask me questions about what happened, Mickey was the one who stuck carrots in his mouth and pretended to be a walrus just to make me laugh, it always worked. Even Sebastian asked me 'Why do you look so constipated lately?' I'd usually give them one worded responses, say that nothing happened we just decided not to hang out as much since he decided to date Hilary. They wouldn't press me further, they knew I was lying but still, they didn't press me further.

I looked over to my side, seeing Carson and Austin playing soccer. They both were laughing at Alex using the soccer ball to scratch his butt, I couldn't help but crack a smile.

But it faded quickly.

"Mickey!" I yelled, knocking on the boy's cabin. I put my head to the door, seeing if I could hear anything. When no sound came I peeked through the window, not one boy in sight.