Chapter Eleven: Damon

(Ember's pov)
I jolted upright. It'd been three days since my argument with Damon. I couldn't sleep. My wolf would scratch at my head and I couldn't figure out why. Grabbing my phone I checked the time. 5:00am.

I guess it wasn't so bad as its a Saturday but damn I wanted to sleep more. Climbing out of bed I changed my sheets and walked over to my wardrobe.

I picked out some black underwear, tank top, skinny jeans and my favourite boots. I yawned and rubbed sleep from my eyes as I placed my deodorant on my bed along with my clothes. I need a shower.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I dressed and left my hair to flow naturally down my back. Once I was done with my early morning routine it was seven thirty. I could smell bacon and my wolf perked up.

I trotted down the stairs and found Lyla making bacon butties. "Here" she handed me a plate and I big into the buttery bread and crispy bacon. I moaned lightly. "Like it?" She asked. I nodded and scarfed the rest of it down.

"Where's everyone?" I asked, usually we'd all meet up at mine and Lyla's cabin but today it was just her and I.

"Cole's at the training grounds with Dom, Serena has gone back to Zachary's pack for a week she'll be back next Sunday and Tyler is watching over Claire and Max. Mum and dad are in their office".

"Ok, I need to go see mum but I'll be back soon, I'm having trouble sleeping and hopefully she can help" Lyla shot me a sympathetic look but let it be. I closed the door behind me and followed the path to the pack house.

The third floor was for the alphas family only. I knocked on the door. "Enter!" My father's voice filtered through the dark cherrywood. I stepped inside and closed the door behind me.

"Ember, good to see you what's wrong?" Mum asked sensing my slight distress. I ran a hand through my hair as I collected my thoughts.

"I haven't been able to sleep since the argument with Damon and now my wolf is keeping me up by trying to surface. Whats happening to me?" I ask. My mum shoots my father a knowing look and sighs.

"That's the mate bond, his wolf is calling to yours, you need to go to his pack or at least talk to him, we're allies and if you didn't like it there you could always return and it's near Zachary's pack where Serena is.

Whatever you do we'll support you but just remember that you always have a choice and if you leave it has to be on you're terms do not allow yourself to be pushed around." I nodded.

"I'll get Lyla to help me pack and tell you when I'm there. I'll get Nikki to drive me." They nodded and pulled me into a hug.

"Be safe my pup" mum whispered and kissed my hair.

"I'll be back soon, I just think if I see him we can sort this whole situation out and hopefully get to know each other better." We pulled out of the hug as my father 'couldn't breathe because of the mushiness in the room'.

"I can't believe Nikki and Bailey are family now, I didn't know he had siblings or that I'm their sister in law" I said in disbelief slightly.

"They're not around much, they're rogue hunters so they're away mostly but they tend to visit" I nod. "Good luck and remember you can always come home".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Nikki's pov)
I grabbed my car keys and headed for my black Range Rover. "Where are you going?" Damon demanded as I exited the pack house. I bit my lip guiltily, Ember has said not to say anything. "Well?" He pressed more firmly.

"Going on an errand for Bailey." I was lying through my teeth. Damon smirked.

"You're lying" he stated stepping closer to me, I matched his glare.

"I'm not! Bailey! Tell him I'm going to get you're ice cream!" I yelled. Truth is, Bailey was fully stocked but I knew he'd back me as Damon has been aggressive towards everyone on the pack since the argument with Ember.

Bailey rounded the corner and shot us a goofy grin. "Ya, she's going for my ice cream." He said winking at me knowingly.

'Good luck soldier' Baileys voice flayed into my head I scoffed.

"Well, I'm going see y'all later!" I hollered and climbed into my baby. I patted the wheel comfortingly and started the ignition.

I pushed in the gas and was off. I was going fast because Damon knows where I get Bailey's ice cream and it's a ten minute drive there and back.

'Hey Ember, you packed?' Her reply was instant.

'Ya, please tell me he bought it' I laughed lightly.

'Yeah, he did I'm pulling up by the woods meet you there.' She didn't reply and in knew she was on her way. I watched and saw her walking calmly through the forest with a duffel bag slung over her shoulder.

"Hey" she greeted as she climbed in and rubbed her cheek with mine. I reversed and did a U-turn and soon we were heading back to my pack.

"So, why'd you decide to come now?"
I asked her as I swerved out of the way of a tree. She shrugged.

"My wolf was being a pain and I couldn't sleep after the argument." She told me honestly. I laughed.

"Yeah, it's a bitch the mate bond, we're here" I said and drive through the territory until we reached my cabin. I parked carefully before getting out. "Damon's at the pack house, let's go say hey" I grab her wrist and pull her along with me.

I stroll on through and the states we get are priceless with multiple greetings towards Ember calling her 'luna'. We walked through the house and up the stairs.

I knocked confidently only brothers office door. It swung open and his eyes widened as he saw Ember. "Hey" she greeted lowly as a blush crossed her face.