Chapter Eighteen: The King

(Ember's pov)
I groaned as my senses came back to me. My neck was throbbing as we're my wrists. Through blurred eyes I looked up to see a beam that ran across the ceiling and hanging from it was silver chains.

My wrists burned furiously and I pulled on the chains attempting to get down. I hissed as they cut into my flesh. "Don't bother, you'll only hurt yourself" Terrace's deranged self walked into my vision.

I growled threateningly. He laughed quietly. "Fiesty, I like it" he smirked and trailed his hand down my cheek, cupping my jaw he ran his hand along it.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed. I kicked out and hit him in the stomach. He went sprawling and hit the far wall. "Try anything like that again and I will kill you!" I spat. I was fuming. My wolf snapped out furiously. She needed to protect my secret...

"Terrance! What are you doing?!" A deep voice filled the room and Terrance sprang attention. Mutt. "I asked you a question!" The man bellowed. Terrance whimpered.

"I-I was checking if she was alright..." He trailed off. My ass he was.

"Liar!" I spat. The mans gaze snapped to me. His hair was a messy brown and he wore all black his eyes were granite and soulless. He was the king of rogues.

"Ah, Ember. What did Terrance do?" He asked. Terrance whimpered but the King only squeezed his throat harshly.

"Like you care!" I spat harshly. I felt my purple eyes glowing. This was new. I was furious.

"On the contrary, I do care. I take my guests safety very seriously, although you are a different case. Mate" he sneered the word and growled. Only Damon got to call me that! "How is Damon by the way? Out of his mind most likely" he muttered sadistically.

I kept quiet at his comment, he was trying to rile me up I knew he was. I hoped he was looking for me... "Do you keep all your guests chained up in a basement?" I quipped. He smiled sadistically.

"You need to be broken in first darlin'" I watched as a rogue wheeled in a cart that held various, very deadly torture items. "Terrance you may leave" Terrance scrambled out the room and the door was slammed shut behind us.

The King and I were left alone. The King with his tools and I with my secret. Goddess if you can here me, please protect us. I prayed hard and bit my lip as the first whip lash landed in my back opening up old wounds.

"If you submit this will all end" the King said as another lash hit me. Tears burned my eyes but I refused to let them fall. I would stay strong and I would survive. I had to. For Damon and my family I would survive this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hours later my tears had mixed with my blood on the floor and I was bleeding from my back and other parts of my body. The King had left fur me to heal before he came back agin. I had been unchained and was now lying on a dirty mattress in the corner of the room.

I hadn't submitted yet and I could tell his patience was running out. I wouldn't let him break me though. The door creaked open and my head snapped in a young girls direction. No doubt she was a Slave here as she didn't smell of rogue.

"I'm liana. He told me to bring you food and water to keep you nourished. How are you?" She asked. I laughed humourlessly.

"I've been through hell." I replied and dig into the good she gave me. I was numb to its taste as I scarfed it down along with the water. "Have you never tried to escape and get back to you're family?" I asked. She shrugged.

"My mate is dead and my family... I don't know where they are the only stuff I know is that I'm seventeen and from the golden lunar pack" she stared sadly. I felt for her.

"I'm sorry" I patted her shoulder comfortingly. Suddenly a plan firmed in my mind. "Wait, you said golden lunar? They're near my pack dark claw. If you can get me out of here I can take you to my pack and then you can reach your pack!" I exclaimed happily.

Liana's eyes shone with hope. "Really? I could see my family again? I'll help you. We will have to wait till night though. The King won't bother you at night he wants you to heal" she told me.

"I'm going to kill him" I growled lowly. I only had one shot at this. We both did.

"He will be hard to kill buy I'm assuming you have connections?" She asked I nodded. "I have to go but I shall see you tonight" she slipped out of the room and I laid on the matter was and stared at the grey ceiling. I counted the cracks as I slowly started to drift to sleep.

I need Damon...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ember! Wake up!" Liana's voice broke through my slumber. "The King is asleep and I brought you ain't found and pills." I rubbed the grit from my eyes and swallowed the pills and quickly at the food.

"Do you know you're way out?" I asked. She nodded.

"I know everywhere. From here we go up until we reach the stairs, although we should take the lift what with you're current situation" she remarked and I covered my stomach.

"Ok, I hope you know what you're doing. Where are we?" I asked her. She smirked.

"We're in an abandoned warehouse, it's on clover road on human territory. Why?" I took in the newfound inflation and grinned. My wolf pushed forward and through the silver and wolfsbane.

'Damon?' I awaited his reply. A sewing pain traveled through me but I ignored it.

'Ember?! Oh god! You're alive! Where are you baby?' I smiled when I heard his voice.

'Clover road. I'm in a were house the King has me. We're getting out Damon and I'm coming home.' He growled over the link.

'Whose we?' He snarled.

'Liana and I, I met her whilst here. She's a slave here she'd from the golden lunar pack'. I bit my lip as I waited to hear his voice.

'Liana James? She went missing when she was ten. Her family is still looking for her and you're telling me she's here? Wow. I'm coming and there's gunna be hell!' I smiled at his ferocity.

'I have something I want to tell you when I'm home' I said and blocked out the link. I was getting out of here even if ur meant being drenched in blood I would escape...

A/N: Hi guys! That was chapter eighteen! What's y'all think? What are you're thoughts on liana and what is Ember's secret?! Lemme know what you thought of the chapter! Xoxo