Jen & Marcus

"Hurry up, please. We will be late!" 

Shannon shouted from the living room but I completely carried on ignoring her. The dress was too short, revealed too much of my cleavage and it kept slipping up on my hips as I took a step.

"This is ridiculous," I mumbled to myself, finishing up putting on my lipstick and then sat on the edge of my bed. The shoes she picked out to me were a gorgeous pair of silver high heels. Too high for my personal taste - if I'm honest.

"If you don't come out of your bedroom in the next sixty seconds, I'm leaving without you and I will make you walk to the club." 

Argh...
"Actually, feel free to. Then I can change and wear something more appropriate."

 I yelled back and snickered. I knew exactly what that reply would spark in her. She barged into my small room just a split of a second later.

"Oh no, no, no. No, you don't!" 

She took my clutch bag from the dresser, practically shoved it into my hand and started walking me out of the room.

"You are going to wear this dress, these heels and find a guy tonight. I don't care if you can't even walk in these. We are going to find a guy for you tonight, you will bring him home and do what you do best!" She said and pushed me toward the front door. I almost slipped when I reached for my coat. 

"Do what? Scare them away?" 

I huffed out a laugh but her facial expression stayed serious.

"Hahaha, funny! No silly. You will have sex with him."

I cocked my head to the side.

"An hour ago you said that you wanted me there as your wingman, though I'm not a man and I ain't got any wings."

Shannon, my bestie and roommate for the last three years,  grabbed her black raincoat from the hanger and pulled it on. She did the buttons and put both of her hands on my bare shoulders.

"You're not a man but you are an angel. That makes you the one with the wings." 

After kissing me on my cheek and then hushing us out of the door, I had no choice. I pulled the edge of my dress down, just to watch it raise up again. Argh, that deem thing almost showed off my ass, showing off the full length of my legs as well.
Tonight was supposed to be a quiet night with some popcorn and Netflix. If I hadn't mentioned to her that I hadn't been with a man for the last six months, we'd still be on the living room sofa, curled up in a soft fleece blanket. Me and my big mouth. 

Shannon had picked out a club, closed to the harbor. She said that it was the place she met her last boyfriend. Guys paid for the drinks and if not, we could afford to buy ourselves. That really didn't turn me on.
Well, ok. 

Yes, I hadn't been with a man for the last half of the year but that didn't automatically mean that I needed to get laid. I was fine. Really, I mean it. Since Randy moved away, I didn't feel like finding someone to start a relationship with. It has been almost a year and a half but I kind of like the celibacy. No fuzz, no emotions, no connections. It is hard for a woman to not get easily attached to after having sex with someone. 

And when I met that handsome surgeon six months ago, let him take me to his home for a quick roll around in the bed, I felt bad.

I was single at the time and didn't have any commitments to anyone, the randomly picking a guy to relieve some sexual frustration, kind of pushed me to put on an invisible chastity belt.
I sat in the car, switching through radio stations for some good music.
"This night is going to be epic. I will help you with the choice. Just signal me somehow that you are targeting someone and I will keep my hands off him."