Annie & Jonathan

"Ok, I have the tickets. Did you pack our passports?" Tina sat on the suitcase, pressed it down as much as possible and zipped it up.
Annie took two more shirts from her closet and shoved them in her bag.

"Yeah. I have them right here," she said, patting down the side pocket of her black bag, biggest smile on her lips.

It was the day of their departure, the trip both of the girls had waited forever. The flight to London was supposed to leave at 1:45 pm but just an hour ago their phones rang, messaging them that the flight had been delayed for an hour.

"I can't believe this is finally happening. We get to have our dream finally come true."

Tina sat down on the edge of Annie's bed, pulling on her boots. She winked at Annie, her positive aura filling the atmosphere as always.

"Took us long enough to plan this. I still can't believe you talked your boss into giving you a whole weekend off." Annie said and Tina laughed.

"Well, they call it work stress and I told him that unless I don't get some time off, I'll just burn through and I won't be fit to work for a long time. He didn't have another choice."

Checking the time, the clock on the wall said that it was quarter to eleven.

"We should be leaving. We have to in the check-in an hour before." Tina jumped off the bed and hugged Annie.

"And you'll get to fulfill your only sex fantasy." Tina smirked, her right hand slapping her best friend's ass.

"Oh please don't. I have no intention to do that. Remember, I told you that one night stands are off limits. I don't want to be stranded in that city while you are off fucking some random guy." She replied, taking her suitcase in toe and opening the bedroom door. She held it open for Tina, anxious to leave.

"You say it now but when we raid the first pub and one of those sexy English accent speaking Gods approaches you, you won't be able to resist."

Annie just gave her the look her friend knew so well. The kind that said 'You are a stupid and annoying little bitch'.

"Get your ass out the door." Annie grabbed her by her arm and hushed them out the apartment.

~
"Hello sir. May I have some tea?" Tina said in a bad English accent when both of the girls stepped out from the Heathrow airport and into the humid weather.
"Would you stop that? You sound ridiculous!" Annie buttoned up her jacket but flashed Tina a smile. She loved how her friend always joked around and acted like a sixteen year old. She wasn't in a wash of hormones, but the typical Tina - cheerful, playful
and always funny.

"Oh come on, loosen up a bit!"

Annie didn't know how. She hadn't had a vacation for over ten years, always working or occupied someway. In the last couple of months she had been deeply frustrated and stressed due to her idiot boyfriend.
As far as her relationships went, she always ended up with guys who never thought of her as an equal partner. Her opinions were discarded, silencing her.
The only person, beside her immediate family, who truly cared about her , was Annie's long time friend Tina.

"The woman at the desk said that we get to take a cab to the hotel and it will be paid by the travel company." Tina nudged Annie's side and pulled her into a side hug.
"This is just... I can't believe we are here," Annie hugged her friend back and met her gaze. "We get to have our dream."

"I know, honey. Let's take that cab, I am in a desperate need of shower and some food." She waved down a driver.
"And I really really need to pee."

~
After the girls had packed open their suitcases and headed down in the hotel's restaurant for dinner, they went out to explore the city.
It was late August. People were sitting in parks, reading books or having a quiet time enjoying good warm weather.

Since Tina and Annie met, they both had grown together and created a bond between their souls. They were there for each other when times got tough. They were sisters who didn't need to be related by blood to have love so immense.

"I love British guys," Tina said when the girls walked down the street and toward the Tower bridge. When a young guy with dark brown hair drove by them on a bicycle, she couldn't control her emotions. She basically eat him up with her eyes.

"You and that accent," Annie laughed in response," can't get enough of it, don't you?"

"You kidding? I can spend hours listening to them. Just one word and my inside turns to liquid."

"Haha." Annie drew the hems of her jacket closer together. Even though it was warm and the blouse under her jacket was from a thicker material, she still felt a bit cold.

"After we see that freaking bridge, let's head to a bar. I want to try that famous irish beer and you could use a warm-up." Tina stated and for the first time that day, Annie didn't snap back a sarcastic response.

The bar closest to their hotel was called Waxy O'Connor's. It was an authentic Irish bar, biggest in the city. From the moment they stepped in, the girls found themselves in a complete different world. The chatter that echoed throw the space, men singing folk songs and watching sports from the screens on the wall - it felt unreal.

Struggling to get to the bar, they pushed through a crowd of young football fans hovering around the tables.

"Ok, sit here."

Tina commanded and Annie gave her a quick look before sitting on one of the bar stools.
"My love, what can I get you?" The elderly man across the bar asked and Tina was quick to answer.

"What's the famous Irish beer?" She asked and the man pointed to the tap.

"Guinness, my dear! There ain't better than that." He said.

"Of course. One please."

When the man filled up her glass and slide it over, his gaze was fixated on Annie.

"And you? Honey, what can I get you?"

As she was never a big of a drinker, she settled on wine. When both of them got their drink, they held up their glasses.

"To dreams coming true. Cheers!" They both said at the same time and clinked their glasses.