Leila & Joseph (EXTRA) - 1

It was one of the warmest days in Boston that year, basically feeling your skin melting off while lounging at the sun. The city was empty of people, probably scrammed in offices, homes and other businesses for some cool air.

She stood in front of the mirror, applying a coat of lipstick and then putting it back on her purse. The amaranth colored dress she wore, hugged her body with confidence and flowed beautifully on the tail part. It was the night of the gala, fourth that month.

As Simon tied his tie and grabbed a jacket from the bed, Leila moved her hair back, gently combing through them. She didn't want to mess up her curls, not having any extra time before their departure.

"Car is at front. Miles messaged me a second ago," he said, fixing up the cuffs on his shirt.

"Great," she replied, her voice low and broken. It was hard for her to see herself in the mirror. She didn't resemble the woman four years ago.

After she had left town the following morning when she stayed overnight at Joseph's, Leila took the bus to Philadelphia. The ring she sold at the shop, went for the price of almost four thousand bucks. It was more than enough for her to get out of town and a new fresh start.

What she didn't expect to happen was the man she met just twelve hours after she had arrived at Philly, would propose to her a year later. Simon Cluster, the son of the senator, had accidentally bumped into her at a coffee shop. He ruined her clothes with a double espresso and later ruined her life with his demanding nature.

She gave herself one quick look in the mirror and then waltzed out to the hotel's bedroom. The man she had fallen in love stood at the door, tapping his foot again the floor. She knew how impatient he got whenever the time she took to prepare herself, turned out longer than she expected.

"A good man always arrives on time, dear!" He said, opening the door for her and she knew what was coming next. The routine was always the same. He nagged at her during the drive, and once they arrived, he punished her by letting her mingle alone for the majority of the time.

"I know. I apologize."

These words were already programmed in her mind, to auto-respond to anything he lectured her on.
Once again, Leila had ended up being a woman to a man who clearly didn't care for her feelings. But after the events with Joseph and her last relationship, she felt more than thrilled to find a man interested in her. She truly thought, this time it would be different. It wasn't.

By the look of the invitation, she gathered enough information to understand that it was held for young kids trying to succeed in music. Joseph sprung in her mind almost immediately, still having a special place in her heart and soul. She often wondered if he was in a relationship and happy. Since she wasn't, yet again, Leila wished that he had found the one who was worthy of him.

The driver parked the car not far from the entrance and Simon stepped out. She waited for him to walk around the car and assist her but Miles beat him to it, opening the door for her.

"Thank you," she thanked him,  grabbed her purse and stepped out of their car. Simon didn't wait for her and walked up the steps to the gala house.
She exhaled, already exhausted and feeling stressed.

She closed her eyes for a brief second, inhaling deeply to fill her lungs with oxygen and plastered that same face smile on her lips as always. How bad could it be this time? - she asked herself. Nothing prepared her to meet the person who had changed her life.

"Did you hear that David Beckham is divorcing his wife and omg Kate Middleton is pregnant again?"

Joseph grabbed the nearest glass of champagne as he and his new girlfriend walked through the crowd and toward their table. He had her wrapped around his forearm, her thin body pressed against his side.

"No, I didn't hear," he replied.

"Don't you read the tabloids? I don't believe you."

Her red nails pressed into his arm much stronger, causing him to sharply clench his jaw.
Tatjana had everything. Fame, money and family who came from a long line of business moguls. Her father, Sergey Antushic, owned a record label in Berlin. One of the reasons, Joseph had the little annoying thing escorting him at the gala that night.

He didn't think clearly when he agreed to have his new manager set up a date with the girl beside him. Of course, he read the tabloids, trying to keep an eye on the latest music industry related news but never anything besides that caught his eye.

"Darling, you shouldn't doze off like this. We are in a high-class event, babe." Her thin lips pressed together in a line, her eyes narrowed.

"Just a bit thirsty," he drowned the champagne and caught up with a waiter to grab another one.

"I tell you, to have a clearer image of the world around us, we need to keep us updated on the latest gossip. It's gold." She told him and by now Joseph had started to ignore her.

He noticed how people were watching them as they moved across the floor and toward their table. Basically, all eyes were on his date, half of the men undressing Tatjana in their minds and Joseph didn't give a fuck. This wasn't permanent. He was just on the gala to meet her father and then get his contract signed. Once that would be done, he hoped to get exposure and back out of the contract while the ink was still fresh. He needed this. But he hated the idea of it.

Once they reached their table and he helped her to sit down, he excused himself to use the bathroom. There wasn't breathable air in the room, so he headed toward the exit and into the foyer.

People stood at the large marble stairs, chitchatting and drinking. He pulled the tie loose and let it hung around his neck. Not ready to leave yet, he headed toward the large balcony doors and found himself on a marvelously quiet place. A young woman was watching over the reeling, her back bare and the long dress was torn.

"Are you alright?"

She turned and he stared at the woman who he had fallen madly and lost four years ago. She brushed away the tears with the back of her hand and run to him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Joseph..."