Chapter 16

Sam.

1 year...

"Jesus Sam! One day you won't be able to survive that big of a wave." Marcus yelled past the sound of the big waves around us while we surf "Don't worry about me, my luck won't run out." I replied back trying to ease he's worry over my obsession on riding big waves "we should get back before the sunset light is still visible." I nodded and followed him out of the ocean, as I reached the sand I quickly put my surfboard neatly away and walked to my jeep with Marcus behind me "So tonight's Lisas birthday, I know your trying to give her some space after you dropped her but you need to come, everyone will be there it's going to be fun." Lisa was one of my close friends I had met when I first reached Redondo Beach, I thought of moving further away maybe New York but I thought about everything I would leave behind, my job, my friends and family so I couldn't leave but I also couldn't stay so I moved 2 hours away from Zuma Beach and here I am.

Marcus was the first person I met, he had tried to flirt with me before knowing I was gay, he was hurt at first but then got over it and we became close friends. Now Lisa, lisa was a one night drunk mistake I made, even though I do love her, I don't love her like she would like me to. We're close but I could never be to close because she would always remind me of her love she has for me. "Yeah I'll come Marc don't worry." He laughed "You better!" He reminded me of Cee, I still speak to Cee, once every week but just to say how are things going. I also talk to Jenna sometimes but she would always try to bring 'Her' up and I was never ready to talk about her or know anything about her.

We reached my new house after a 5 minutes drive in the beach, yes I still live in a beach "so, pick me up at 8 so we'll go together?" Marcus asked "yeah, see you then." Marcus started walking to he's house which would be next to mine and I walked to mine.

While I was getting ready I thought about them. It had past a year without me seeing them, without me seeing her, it was tough at the beginning. I would drink to forget and I started smoking again but when I met Marcus he helped me through it, he taught me how to surf and let's just say I'm better then him. He took me around and got me to meet new friends, so I'm glad for him. I eventually had moved on from 'Her' it took me more then half the year but I had and that's how I let myself go back to my old self, sleeping with random girls every night to make myself feel better. And that's how I slept with Lisa but regretted sense she found feelings towards me and I couldn't give it back.

As I finish getting ready with my denim shorts and a white, crop top blouse showing off a bit of my cleavage, and wearing high heel boots to go with the outfit I called Marc to see if he was ready. "Are you ready?" I said as soon as he picked up "yeah man, walking to yours now." After I hanged up and a couple of minutes went by I heard a knock at my door, it was Marcus. We both got into my jeep and drove to Lisa's birthday party.

I was parking my car when I got a phone call, I looked at my screen and saw it was a call from Cee "Marc you can go in, I will be there in a sec." He nodded and left me. I received the call "Hey Cee, what's up?" There was silence and I could hear her sobbing "...Cee are you okey!" I asked worried something might of happened, she still didn't reply "...CEE!" Then I heard her more clearly, she wasn't crying over a sad thing, she was crying because she was happy "I asked Jenna to marry me and she said YES!" She continued to sob happily "...I want you to be my maid of honour Sam!" I was happy for Cee and I was happy she had asked me to be her maid of honour but all I could think about is 'I will be seeing her.' "Of course Cee, Of course i'll accept." I said happily, we stayed on the phone for a couple of more minutes before we said our 'goodbyes and see ya's' but I stayed in the car just about in a week time I will be going back to help Cee with her wedding duties and I will have to be partnered up with 'Her' sense she will be Jenna's maid of honour and we will have to work together. Deciding to ignore this conflict I will have in a week I decided to go inside the party.

"Happy birthday Lisa!" I shouted so she could hear me through the loud music and people enjoying themselves. "Sammy!" She quickly run towards me and jumped into my arms, I held her against me and whispered "your getting old Lisa." I joked. She lightly hit my arm and pouted her lips "Don't be mean Sammy!" We both laughed as I give her the gift I bought "I hope you like it." She quickly took the rap around the gift and showed me a huge smile "Yes! I love it." She hugged me again kissing my cheek thanking me for the Rolling Stones concert tickets I got her, she put them away and dragged me to the dance floor and got my hands to her waist and started dancing on me. "Come with me to the concert." She whispered close to my ear "you should take Carol, she would really like it if you would ask her, she likes them too and she like you." Carol was In love with Lisa ever sense I met them both, she hated me at first when she realised Lisa had feelings for me but then realised I didn't have the same feelings for Lisa, but she was still sad about the fact I wouldn't make Lisa happy, even though that meant Lisa wouldn't be hers. "I'm asking as a friend not something else, relax Sam." She said upset "I know but why don't you take Carol, she enjoys them more then I do." She smiled and nodded. Marcus suddenly appeared between us holding us both by our shoulders "Hey my favourite girls! Yo...you enjoying you birthday girl!" Marcus obviously drunk said, me and Lisa just laughed and nodded. "Let's do shots!" He yelled.

Let the party continue.