The Phoenix

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or Harry Potter, or any of the characters mentioned.

(I know that this is my second crossover fanfiction however, I love writting them!)

This takes place after the third ninja war, Rin and Obito are dead however, Minato is not Hokage yet.

Note:
Japanese
English

........................................................................

It was a warm and quiet morning in Konohagature, the sun had just risen reflecting it's beautiful colors onto the clouds that would make a Nara drool. There was no movement outside in the Villiage, unless you knew what to look for. After the third great ninja war the Sandaime increased the ANBU patrol around the Leaf. Kanoah  Villiage was vulnerable due to the lack of trained and capable shinobi. Many good ninja had been killed during the war. Sarutobi Hiruzem would love nothing more than to retire from his position as Hokage, but that would have to wait. A letter from an old friend had been delivered by a beautiful and rare bird... a Phoenix. That belonged to one Albus Dumbledore. The letter was written in (surprisingly good Kanji) emerald green inc.

Sarutobi-san, Sandaime Hokage, The Professor

Hokage's Tower, Konohagakure no Sato

18 August 1993

Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

My dear friend,

It has been a long time since I had last wrote to you, however, something has recently come to my attention. Last year, the security of the Castle had been broken; no matter how much we tried. I am writing to you now, Sarutobi, to help me with my apparent security concerns. It seems that, somewhere in my school, there is a traitor who serves the Dark Lord. We had a near miss last year, and I would appreciate it that, if possible, I would like to hire a team of your finest to aid in the protection of my students and the discovery of said traitor.  I would like to request that this team posses an individual who is capable of teaching, and preferably has students of their own. We will be the hosts of the Triwizard Tournament, an event that will take place starting October 31st. We from the Minastry of Magic invite Konohagature to participate in said tournament. I am willing to pay whatever price you may demand, and I trust in your wise judgment of such matters. A trip to England will prove difficult for you, so I have taken the liberty of making the arrangements myself. The details of the trip are enclosed in this envelope.

I would appreciate it if you would cooperate, not as business partners, but as old friends.

Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Hiruzem looked over the letter again, and nodded gravely to himself. As much as he wanted to help Albus, he would not be able to meet all the Wizard's conditions. He couldn't risk sending in a whole four man team, the war had proved too much.

However, he would do whatever he could. And by the looks of the letter, it seemed that the Wizard community was open to signing a treaty with the Land of Fire. This would prove very helpful to the Hidden Nation, especially after such a long and harsh war. At most, he would only be able to spare two of his finest ninja. And he knew exactly which two.

Albus had requested a ninja capable of teaching, Namikaze Minato would be the perfect candidate. He knew that this was the man he wanted to be  his successor, however; he felt that Minato needed more time. This mission would be the perfect thing to prepare him for the hardship of running the Villiage. He would have hundreds of students to look after and protect, much like the duties of the Hokage.

What was better was that Minato already had a student, Hatake Kakashi, even though he was already a Jounin working ANBU. However, he was the perfect age to blend in as a student, given that he is only 14. The same age as the boy they would be charged to protect. This mission would also prove beneficial for the young and depressed, mentally unstable Hatake. A year away from the stress of the Villiage would be healthy for him.

Hiruzem picked up his brush and began his reply to the mission request, the Pheonix perched on his desk resting quietly. Once finished, he gently tied the scroll to the leg of the Phoenix and led the creature to the window, watching it fly off.

"Bear."

In less than a second the ANBU Bear Shunshin no Jutsu in front of his desk kneeling down on one knee.

"Summon Namikaze Minato and Hatake Kakashi." He said in a monotone.

"Hai"

LinebreakLinebreakLinebreakLinebreak....

"Hey Kakashi, let's get some ramen." A  tall blonde man said as he walked down a street in Kanoah with his student.

"Sensei, can't we eat something besides ramen, it's not healthy." A shorter silver haired teen said.

"Awe come on, don't give me that. Ichiraku Ramen just opened and I wanted to try it before I got another mission. My treat!" Minato Sensei pleaded with the young Jounin.

"Alright, but if Gai shows up I'm leaving."

"Deal!" Minato said before a man with a bear mask appeared in front of the two Jounin, then disappeared.

"Well, I suppose ramen will have to wait." Kakashi said a little to enthusiastically for Minato's taste.

LinebreakLinebreakLinebreakLinebreak...

In the Hokage's office

"Minato, Kakashi, I have a mission for you. But I must warn you, failure would mean that the possibility of diplomatic relations would be denied. And considering the state that we are in, that would weaken the Leaf considerably. Your mission is to guard Harry Potter, a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for the duration of the school year. This is a year long mission, so I suggests making the proper arraignments. Furthermore, Konahagature has been invited to participate in  a Triwizard Tournament, but since we have now officially joined I guess it would be the Quadwizard Tournament... haha." Sandaime said laughing slightly.

"I have here enclosed your mission debreif, I suggest you look through it before you leave." Hiruzem said while handing Minato an old sock.

"Uh, Hokage-sama, why do I need this?" Minato said while holding the sock by his fingertips away from him.

"At 3:00 today, you and Kakashi must be holding this sock in order for you to travel to your destination, if I remember correctly it's called a Portkey. Now hurry, you only have an hour. And Kakashi, you must not be late!!!" The Hokage said glaring at the teen knowing all about his recent habit of tardiness.

"Hai" the two said in unison standing at attention. Afterward promptly performing a Shunshin no Jutsu leaving the Hokage alone to ponder on his thoughts.

........................................................................

Shunshin no Justu: Body flicker Jutsu

Well I hopped that you enjoyed the first chapter! I will be posting the next one either today or tomorrow.

Be sure to like and leave comments, I love constructive criticism!!!

Have a nice week.

(Also let me know how you like the plot so far)