Triwizard Tournament

Disclaimer: I do not own anything.

Enjoy!!!

........................................................................

With Harry, Ron and Hermione.

The students of Hogwarts came into the Great Hall soaking wet from the pouring rain outside the castle. Harry was in the middle of wringing out his school uniform when Hermione spoke up.

"Is that our new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor?" Hermione said, who was looking up at the teachers.

"Looks like it, he doesn't look to bad. Not as good as Professor Lupin, but Snape seems to be pretty uncomfortable sitting with him so that's a good sign. Unless he's anything like Lockhart." Ron said.

Harry looked up at the new teacher and was surprised by his appearance. He didn't look like any of the other teachers, and his clothes were very strange, even in the muggle sense. When he turned back to continue the conversation a flash of silver pulled him out of his thoughts. A boy who looked about their age with striking silver hair sat across from him next to Hermione. The second thing he noticed right away was the long scar that traveled across his left eye lid, down to his cheekbone, Harry couldn't see the eye though because he kept his eyelid closed.

Ron and Hermione took notice of him as well, however Hermione did a better job at not staring like Ron had. Harry realized that his style of dress greatly resembled the new professors.

"I have a few words before we begin the feast. Firstly we have a new professor with us this term, Minato Namikaze and I know that you all have assumed that he is the new DADA instructor, however; he is not. In fact I am not sure what he will be teaching, but I look forward to it." Dumbledore said with the same smile.

"Dumbledore doesn't even know what he will be teaching! Is that even allowed!" Hermione said shocked.

"Secondly, we are to have the honor of hosting a very exciting event over the comming months, an event that has not been held for over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year."

"Your JOKING!" Fred Weasly said loudly.

"No, I am not joking Mr. Weasly. The Triwizard Tournament was first established some seven hundred years ago as a friendly competition between the three largest European schools of wizardry: Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang. However this year, there will be an extra school that shall participate. Our friends from the Fire Nation in Japan, Konohagature."

"That is unheard of, having a fourth school participate. Also I've never heard of a school called Konahagature." Hermione said to the two boys.

"There have been several attempts to reinstate the tournament, however; the death toll mounted so high that the tournament was discontinued. However, our own Department of International Magical Cooperation  and Magical Games and Sports have decided the time is ripe for another attempt."

"The heads of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving in October, and the selection of champions will take place at Halloween. Whereas the student selected from Konohagature is already present, and will be attending as a foreign exchange student as well. If I may introduce Kakashi Hatake, if you would stand please, along with his Sensei Minato Namikaze."

Kakashi reluctantly stood up a long with Minato, hating all the gasps he heard around the large hall. The students were all whispering about his scar and strange silver hair. Really? They sucked as whispering, he could hear every comment made on his behalf. The boy whom he was sent here to protect, Harry, was looking at him questionably.