Night of the Bulgarians

Disclaimer: I do not own anything concerning Harry Potter or Naruto Naruto.

Enjoy!!!

...........................................................

Kakashi found Hermione sitting alone in the Great Hall at breakfast with a large thick red leather book laying open in front of her. She looked completely focused on whatever it was she was studying, her hand was tightly grasped around her quill as she wrote. As he approached her, he noticed that she was leaning over a Japanese dictionary, her handwritten notes littering the parchment with messy Japanese characters.

"Good morning Hermione-san." He greeted in his normal bored tone. She looked up at him from her work, attempting to hide her notes from view.

"Good morning Kakashi." She said calmly.

"I see that you are trying to learn Japanese. Took you longer than I expected." He said grinning slightly, beginning to eat a bowl of rice. "Why the sudden interest?" He asked her.

"I-I was just curious about what that Bingo Book says about you. You didn't actually translate the text, you just gave a brief summary with no actual information." She said. "Besides, with all that has been going on, I thought it would be benifitial to learn considering our conversations could be easily overheard." She reasoned.

"If you wanted to learn, you could have just asked." He said honestly.

"I really don't want to trouble you. You have so much on your plate already, what with the Tournament and worrying about Harry." She said.

"It's no problem really, I can teach you the basics that a plain dictionary cannot offer. Besides, it would be nice to have something other than my work to focus on. I would enjoy teaching you Japanese." He offered  kindly.

"Really!? Because that would be so amazing Kakashi!" Hermione said excitedly, moving closer to him to show him her notes. Kakashi almost laughed at her poor attempt at Japanese grammar and character drawing. As Kakashi began instructing her on some of the basics Harry and Ron joined them looking exhausted.

Harry was not surprised to see Kakashi teaching Hermione Japanese. She had been telling him for weeks that she had wanted to learn. She was just waiting for the dictionary she ordered to come in.

After breakfast Victor Krum walked up to them in the Entrance Hall.

Good morning Herm-onne-inne." He said in a thick accent, totally butchering Hermione's name.

"Good morning Victor." She replied sweetly, turning pink.

"And good day to you 'Arry, Kashi." He said. Kakashi nodded his head towards the large Bulgarian, moving past him. Krum however quickly placed his hand on his sholdur, stopping him from leaving.

"V'er is som'zing I vanted to talk to you avout Kashi." Victor said deeply. "Is v'er somewhere ve could talk privately." Krum asked.

Kakashi nodded and led him to an empty corridor, where no one ventured because of Peeves. However, the Poltigerist wouldn't dare show his face again to Kakashi, the ghost had learned his lesson long ago.

"What?" Kakashi said a little rudely. Krum ignored the cold greeting, going straight to business.

"I vanted to apologize for my rude behavior towards you Kashi. I vas blinded by jealousy. Herm-inne told me much avout you, you are a good vriend to her." Victor said kindly.

Kakashi was taken back by his words, they being the last thing he expected from the stone faced Bulgarian.

"Thank you." Kakashi said, "I'm sorry too."