Riddles in the Dark

Disclaimer: I do not own anything concerning Harry Potter or Naruto.

I hope you enjoy this chapter!!!

...........................................................

Part 2

Harry quickly ran through the maze, trying to keep a mental note of how many times he turned and how many pathways he skipped over. His heartbeat pulsed loudly in his ears as he ran, his only light at the tip of his wand. The air amongst the thick vegetation was heavy and cold, his muscles ached and begged for release. However, he would not dare to stop running.

He met nothing for ten minutes, the lack of obstacles was unnerving to him. Surely he should have run into something by now. It felt as though the maze had a mind of its own, purposely luring him into a false sense of security. He hoped that he would find the Cup soon, or that Kakashi would show up around the corner. Then he heard movement behind him, Harry held out his wand, ready to attack. About a yard away from him was the largest Blast-Ended Skrewt he had ever seen. The creature was pale and slimy, the image and odor was repugnant. Before the Skrewt took notice of him, Harry ran as quickly as he could around the corner running into a boggart. The boggart saw him, immediately transforming into a dementor. The demons face was covered by its hood, it's rotting, scabbed hands outstretched, advancing blindly towards him.

Harry felt clammy coldness come over him, his center felt empty inside, but he knew what he had to do. He summoned the happiest thought he could, thinking of getting out of the maze alive and celebrating with Ron, Hermione and Kakashi. Harry raised his wand and cried out the incantation "Expecto Patronum!"

A silver stag erupted from his wand, advancing towards the vile creature, disbanding it. Harry watched as the stag faded from sight, wishing it could have stayed. The hopeful energy and light being a comfort to him in the dark and dreary maze. Nevertheless, he carried on, resuming to run through the hedge. He continued to count his turns and remember all the dead ends and monster filled paths, intercepting a few more dangerous creatures along the way.

As he ran down a long narrow path, he heard a blood curtailing scream. The voice of which he instantly recognized as Fleur Delacour. Harry quickly hastened towards the direction of the scream, fearing for the worst but hoping for the best. He rounded a corner, finding himself in a dead end, with Fleur lying unresponsive on the gravel.

"Fleur?" Harry asked worridly as he kneeled down to check for a pulse. Relieved when he found one, he tried to wake her up but to no avail. Fleur was out cold, however, luckily she didn't seem to have suffered any great injury. Harry stood up and pointed his wand up towards the sky.

"Perriculum!" He shouted as he watched the red sparks dance across the night sky. Reassured that she would be recovered safely by the staff, Harry resumed his search for the Triwizard cup.

Harry panicked as he passed familiar looking turns and pathways, concerned that he was officially lost. He tried to convince himself that it was just the maze trying to confuse him, but that still didn't help much. He also had the sinking feeling in his stomach that he was being followed. Harry was positive that it wasn't Kakashi, his guard would have shown himself long ago. He hoped deep down that Kakashi's heightened senses would aid him in finding him soon. Harry stopped in his tracks to listen to see if anyone or anything was following him. He heard loud, heavy footsteps running on the path parallel to his own.

"What are you doing?" Harry heard Cedric yell, "What the Hell do you think your doing!?"

"Crucio!"