Upon the Hour

Disclaimer: I do not own anything concerning Harry Potter or Naruto.

Please enjoy😁

...........................................................

Riddle Mansion

Barty Crouch Jr. kneeled beside Lord Voldemort, rolling up his cloak sleeve to reveal the dark mark. Wormtail stood ever watchful, insuring that he was present for whatever the Dark Lord may require of him.

"Let me see it again!" Voldemort comanded, his voice weak and raspy. "Ah, yes! The time is close now... Harry at last!"

"I will not disappoint you my Lord." Barty Jr. said, bowing his head lowly.

"I am most certain of it. Now tell me, how are things comming along for the other task I have intrusted to you?" Voldemort said.

"The boy is cunning and shall prove to be a great ally. Luckily, he has not caught on to our plans. He has no idea who, or what I am planing." Barty Jr. stated confidantly.

"Excellent. Be sure to keep it that way until I have fully risen to power. However, to ensure our success, I need you to discover his weakness. If he does not willingly join us, than I am afraid we shall have to resort to other methods of persuasion." Voldemort said maliciously.

"Of course my Lord." Barty Jr. said apparating instantaneously, leaving the dark Lord and Wormtail alone.

LineBreakLinebreakLinebreakLinebreak...

For the fourth time that school year, Harry shot straight up in bed, panting heavily. Sweat covered his entire form, his scar burning like fire on his forehead. Harry looked around the room, glad he hadn't woken any of the other boys. However, a slight breeze suddenly entered the room catching him off guard. He turned suddenly to the window, where he saw Kakashi perched on the windowsill.

"Everything alright?" Kakashi inquired.

"Fine. Just a nightmare." Harry said, lying back down in bed, trying to force the dream out of his memory.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Kakashi asked.

"No." Harry replied bitterly. Ever since the Yule Ball, Harry tried his best to ignore his bodyguard. The comment Kakashi had made about he and Ron not appreciating Hermione and also the fact that Kakashi insisted on living the way he did, set him in a bad mood.

Kakashi ignored Harry's sour mood and moved over towards his bed, calapsing on top of the covers. He was totally and utterly exhausted, he had taken an interest in Karkaroff's whereabouts, following him whenever he had the chance. He had discovered that the man had once been a Death Eater, so he couldn't be trusted. Kakashi had insured that he would know everything concerning Karkaroff, taking extra care to make guard schedules for his Ninja-dogs. So far, no red flags had shown up. Egor Karkaroff was either completely innocent, or rather, he was a genius at hiding his tracks.

When morning finally came, Kakashi had gotten no sleep. His mind was occupied with trying to discover who would put Harry's name into the Goblet of Fire. Egor Karkaroff was off the list and so was Madame Maxime, (he hadn't really suspected her, however, he had to be sure). So, with the two main suspects cleared, Kakashi feared for the worst... that this was an inside job. Ether it was one of the teachers, or a school student.

Kakashi also thought about the second task of the Triwizard Tournament. The golden egg's clue had proven to be impossible to decifer. Hermione had no clue what it was and the Library also lacked information to help him cipher it. He didn't know if the other champions had figured it out yet (or Karkaroff in Victor's case). Kakashi thought to go see Moody about it, the man would probably know something concerning the strange nature of the hideous screams. He made a note to go to the DADAs office after he had seen Minato Sensei.