part3

“Dominic,” I whispered and he chuckled and I finally looked up at him. His brown gaze was soft and his black hair was ruffled as if he had just woken up. He wore a pair of dark jeans and a white t-shirt that hugged his muscles perfectly. He smiled down at me and I felt my knees get weak. Damn that boy had some effect on me.

            “Did you miss me?” he asked and all I could do was nod which made him chuckle again. “Oh Skylar I missed you to,” he murmured and brought his lips down on mine. It took all my strength not to faint and I was glad that he was holding me.

            “Get a room!” Zach yelled ruining the moment. Dom pulled away and sighed before he glared at the boys.

            “Okay fine we will,” Dom laughed and all the boys look horrified and I felt a hand wrap around my arm and I turned to Reece who smiled at me.

            “Okay you and your hot boyfriend can get it on later but right now we need to talk,” she said and pulled me away from Dom who turned and glared at her. Okay so I didn’t want my mate but that doesn’t mean I couldn’t have a boyfriend. “She’s mine for the next hour Dom get over it,” Reece growled and I felt Dom let me go reluctantly.

            “Where are we going?” I asked as Reece pulled me out of the room and towards the stairs.

            “My room you need to shower and I need to talk to you,” she muttered and we headed upstairs and into her room. I went straight to the attached bathroom and had a quick shower before I got dressed and head back to Reece’s room while a towel dried my long blond hair.

            “So what’s up?” I asked and sat down on Reece’s bed where she lay staring at the wall.

            “I found my mate,” she whispered.

            “That’s great!” I lied. “Who is it?”

            “Well I just want you to understand that this is not my choice,” she whispered and I glared at her trying to spot out her words. “It’s Dominic.” I felt my mouth drop and my hands clench into fists.

            “Does he know this?” I asked through clenched teeth. How could this be happening?

            “Yes he does but he didn’t want to tell you just yet. He thought it would be better if we didn’t tell you for awhile or at least until we thought you could handle it,” she whispered and I knew she was watching me.    

            I got to my feet and headed to the door ignoring Reece as she tried to call me back. I headed downstairs and to the back yard where I knew all the guys would be hanging out.

            “Dom!” I snapped and he turned away from Zach and Sam to look at me. The large grin on his face soon disappeared and was replaced by regret and hurt. “So what you were just going to keep this from me until I figured it out?” I snapped.

            “No Skylar I was going to tell you eventually it’s just…” he trailed off and I knew that he didn’t have an explanation.

            “Don’t even bother dom. Were over I don’t want you to be near me ever again. I hope you have a great life with my best friend,” I snapped and turned and headed back into the house but I quickly headed through the front door and back outside. I quickly made a run for the woods and changed into my wolf form. Letting her take over as my anger got to me.

            ‘Sky come back’ Zach pleaded through the bond but I ignored him.

            ‘You can’t avoid this forever’ Tyler said and I growled and pushed myself harder. I didn’t want to think of the fact that my best friend and my ex boyfriend were meant to be together forever.

            ‘Come back Skylar we can talk about this’ Reece begged and I heard Dom agree and I snorted and kept running. I didn’t want to turn back and face what had happened. I knew that one day Dom would find his mate and we would have to separate but I never thought it would be so soon.

            ‘Where are you?’ Austin asked and I knew he had blocked the rest of the pack from us so it was just the two of us.

            ‘By the river’ I thought finally and I saw as Austin run up beside me in his wolf form. He didn’t look at me but just kept running beside me and it gave me some comfort to feel him there.

            ‘We need to talk about this’ he thought and I pulled myself to a stop. I was short of breath from running so far but it had felt great to get it out. ‘You knew this day would come’ he said as he met my gaze.

            ‘Yeah but did it have to be so soon and with my best friend?’ I half growled and he just looked at me with concern in his gaze. Austin and I always fought but in the end we would always be there for each other no matter what happened.

            ‘Just because you don’t want to find your mate doesn’t mean Dom or Reece never did. You should be happy for them considering they will always have each other’ he whispered and I felt my shoulders sag.

            ‘Did you find her?’ Dom asked and Austin looked at me and I nodded.

            ‘Yeah were by the river’ Austin answered as he kept his gaze on me. Almost instantly I heard the pound of paws against the hard ground and suddenly five wolves stopped just behind us. I turned and sighed. There stood Reece, Dom, Tyler, Zach and Sam all in their wolf forms

            ‘Come on sky can we talk about this?’ Reece asked and I felt my anger start to rise again. I saw the regret in Dom’s gaze but I ignored it and spun around and ran away. I heard them follow me but I was faster as I pushed myself harder.

            ‘Sky!’ I heard Austin yell but I ignored him and pushed myself harder than ever. Soon the trees were passing by me were just a big blur and my paws just tugged me forward as my anger got worse.

what do you guys think so far? how will skylar take to everything?