part8

I heard a light knock on my door and I sighed. “Come in,” I yelled and my door slowly opened to reveal Reece.

            “Oh my god Reece!” I yelled and ran to hug her. I pulled her into a big hug and I felt the tears start to threaten to come out but I pushed them away. I hadn’t cried since I left and I wasn’t going to start now.

            “Hey Skylar I heard that you were back,” Reece laughed as I pulled away from her. I looked down at her and was shocked when I saw that her belly was swollen. “Oh I bet your wondering about that,” she laughed nervously and rubbed her stomach. “Dom and I are finally going to have our first kid.” She smiled at that thought and I felt my heart clench. I couldn’t let Dom get to me this time. I was only here to sort out alpha crap.

            “That’s great Reece I’m glad,” I said and gave her a small smile. I looked over her again and realized she had changed also. Her brown eyes were now filled with love and her brown hair was now red and reached the middle of her back. She wore a short summer dress that showed off her baby bump perfectly. 

            “I heard Austin dragged you back here just for business. So I’m guessing you won’t be staying for long,” Reece sighed bringing my gaze back up to hers.

            “I don’t belong here anymore Reece. I have a new home,” I sighed when I saw the pain in her gaze.

            “I understand that but what I don’t understand why did you leave in the first place,” she sighed as she eyed me. Logan must not have told her that I left because of her.

            “I just realized I didn’t belong here anymore Reece. It was time for me to move on and become something else,” I lied. I hated where I was now but I was better than facing everyday with pain and regret.

            “You know just because you have been gone for seven years it doesn’t mean I can’t see through your fakeness,” Reece growled as she glared at me. “If you didn’t want to tell me then you could have just said so but you don’t need to lie to me,” she snapped and turned and with that she was gone. I sighed and sat back down on my bed. This is why I never came back sooner I never wanted the truth to come out. 

            “I warned you that there would be some issues,” Austin said as he walked through my still open door and sat down beside me on the bed.

            “This is the whole reason I left Austin. I could never face the truth,” I muttered and I felt him wrap his arm around my shoulders.

            “You have been gone for seven years Skylar what do you expect. Some of the guys were starting to think you had died,” Austin whispered. “Others thought that you left because you didn’t care about us anymore.” At that comment I stiffened.

            “That was never the case. My pack means everything to me,” I growled as I glared at him.   

            “I know sky but you did just leave without an explanation and when you left us in the air port without looking back it kept us wondering,” he said softly and I sighed.

            “Yeah well sorry about that,” I muttered and he got up from my bed.

            “I’ll leave you alone for awhile. Logan’s office is unlocked and supper is at six,” Austin said before he left. I got up from my bed and made my way to Logan’s office. I sighed when I opened the door and looked around. It was just the same as when I left it. I sat down in Logan’s chair and shook my head. Logan liked things in order but there were papers scattered all over the desk which told me Austin must have been in here lately. I ran my fingers over the dark desk and looked up at the pictures that were on the desk. One was with mom, dad, Logan and I when mom and dad were still alive. The other picture was with just Logan of me when Logan had taken over the pack. The last picture was off the night before I left. Logan insisted that he get one last picture of me and of course I couldn’t argue.

            “You mangy mutt get out of here!” I heard someone yell and I quickly got up from the desk and headed out to the hall.

            “What the hell did I ever do to you?” I heard Tyler snap but I couldn’t see the other person.

            “Oh don’t act stupid. You were my best friend and you just happened to sleep with my mate!” the other person snapped and I knew it was Zach. I rolled my eyes and walked into the hall.

            I heard Tyler grunt and I turned to see him pressed up against the wall with Zach’s hand tightly on his throat.

            I quickly grabbed Zach’s arm and whipped him away from Tyler and I must have used too much strength because I sent Zach flying across the hall and into the far wall. When Zach recovered he looked at me shocked.

            “Skylar stay out of this,” Tyler growled and shoved me aside as he made a move at Zach but I grabbed his arm and ripped his arm back and sent him flying to the ground.

            “Go back to your rooms both of you,” I snapped and both of them got up and ran to their rooms.

            “Well theirs that alpha voice everyone has been missing,” someone said behind me and I whipped around to see Dom standing at the top of the stairs. He was obviously impressed by the way he looked at me. I ignored him and turned and began to walk back to my room.

            “Come on sky you can’t avoid me again,” Dom growled and I turned to glare at him.

            “I’m not avoiding you Dominic I’m only here on business so I have no reason to talk to you,” I growled.

            “So what you’re not going to be our new alpha?” Dom asked surprise in his voice.

            “No Dom I don’t belong here anymore I have to go back home eventually,” I muttered. here.

            “You haven’t changed one bit Skylar. Your still the coward you were seven years ago,” Dom growled and he went to push past me but I pulled back and punched him in the face sending him stumbling.

            “Did the old Skylar used to punch you in the face because you pissed her off? I don’t think so. The old Skylar would have just brushed it off and forgot about it but guess what Dom I have changed and you better stay the hell away from me before I seriously get angry,” I growled and stalked off to my room slamming the door behind me. I just wanted to be left alone for once so why did everyone keep bugging me?