part19

“What the hell happened?” parker snapped as he came out of the kitchen and saw me in griffins arms with blood gushing out of my chest.

                “She was shot,” griffin growled.

                “Come on get her upstairs we need to stop the bleeding,” parker snapped and pulled his shirt off and pressed it against my chest where the blood didn’t seem to be stopping.

                “Skylar?” I heard Owen ask as he came out of his room.

                “Get Austin now!” parker yelled at him. I watched as Owen jogged off to Austin’s room as griffin carried me into my room and gently laid me on the bed. I groaned as it felt like the pain was getting worse.

                “She was shot by a silver bullet,” parker whispered as he ripped my shirt open and inspected the wound. Silver could definitely kill one wolf so the person that shot me must have really wanted to kill me. It only took less than ten minutes for the silver to take effect on our bodies which would cause our wolf to slowly dye taking our human part with it as our organs started to shut down.

                “I called the pack doctor,” Austin growled as he jogged into my room and looked down at me. Well this was awkward. I was half naked with three hot men in my room. Yup definitely awkward.

                “She’s fading,” parker growled as my eyes began to close. I just felt so tired all of a sudden. I tried to keep my eyes open but sudden I was plunged into complete darkness.

                I looked down at her and my breath caught in my throat. She was so beautiful just laying there. The doctor had shown up a few hours ago and fixed her but didn’t gartentee she would make it through the night. I felt like I had been too late to save her.

                “It isn’t your fault you did everything you could,” parker whispered when he walked into the room with two cups of coffee and handed me one.

                “Thanks but I feel like I could have helped her more,” I muttered as I turned to look at her.

                “You did your best griffin. You can’t beat yourself up for this,” parker sighed as he sat in a chair on the other side of her bed.

                “I know I know,” I growled and leaned back in my chair. Owen and luke were passed out on the couch and Austin was sitting against the wall with his eyes closed and my best bet was that he was asleep.

                “She’ll get through this. She’s a strong girl,” parker whispered making me turn back to him.

                “You know for the most powerful alpha out there your pretty soft,” I muttered and he just smiled.

                “Cant control a pack without showing them the respect they deserve,” he said before turning to stare out the window.

                For the rest of the night I just sat there staring down at her. Parker sat in his chair dosing off once in awhile but I couldn’t just bring myself to sleep with the state my mate was in. I watched as the sun began to rise and turned back to Skylar. I quickly checked her pulse and quickly backed away pressing myself up against the wall.

                “Griffin?” I heard Austin whisper as he got up off the floor but I just stared at Skylar as tears filled my eyes.

                I watched as Austin rushed over to Skylar and checked her pulse before he sighed in defeat. He fell to his knees by her bed and held her hand.

                “She’s gone,” he cried as the others woke up. I watched as tears began to form in their eyes as they looked at Skylar. I ripped open her bed room door and made my way down stairs. I flung open the front door and ran out onto the front lawn where I fell to my knees as the tears started to flow. She was gone she was really gone. I felt my wolf howl in pain.

                “Griffin?” I heard someone ask and I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see parker standing there as he looked down at me.

                “She can’t be gone,” I cried.

                “I’m sorry griffin,” he sighed and helped me to my feet and back into the house. He led me into the living room and sat me down on one of the couches. “Well get through this.”

                “How can you be so calm? You just lost one of your best pack mates! And I just lost my mate,” I yelled and jumped up from the couch to tower over him.

                “Griffin getting mad at me isn’t going to solve anything,” parker snapped and I sighed in defeat and sat back down. “This is no one’s fault.”

                “Parker?” raven whispered as he walked into the room with Luke, Owen, and Austin following him.

                “It…it’s okay,” parker stuttered and I watched as tears started to fill his eyes again.