part18

“Skylar is back!” I heard someone yell and suddenly I was surrounded by my old pack.

                “she’s been marked!” someone shouted.

                “she accepted him,” I heard a familiar voice say and I turned to see Dom standing in the door way to the kitchen a smug smile on his face.

                “You made the right decision sky,” Austin said and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. Did I really? Or would I really regret this later in life.

                I sighed and pulled away from Austin and ran up the stairs and into my room. I wanted to collect my thoughts before my date with griffin. My mate. It would definitely take some time to get used to saying that.

                “We are here!” I heard Owen yell and I turned to see him and Luke standing in my door way with big smiles on their faces.

                “And why are you here?” I asked.

                “To help you get ready for your date of course,” Luke said and walked over to my closet while Owen grabbed my arm and drug me into the bathroom.

                “Shower so I can do your hair and makeup,” Owen instructed and I just looked at him. “No I’m not gay if you are wondering I do have a little sister you know.”

                “That don’t mean you can’t be gay,” I laughed and stripped down and quickly got into the shower. I tried to take my time but Owen kept yelling at me so I finally gave up and got out, wrapping a towel around myself since Luke hadn’t decided on my outfit yet. Owen spent almost an hour on my hair and makeup and finally when he was done Luke threw an outfit at me telling me to put it on.

                I slipped on a pair of dark skinny jeans and my favorite purple blouse raven had bought for me years ago. I pulled on my black stilettos and looked at myself in the mirror and almost fell over. Because of the heels my legs looked long and with the tightness of the shirt and jeans my curves were perfectly shown off. My hair was pinned up in a beautiful style and I had just enough make up on to make my eyes pop.

                “Skylar your beautiful,” Austin breathed as he walked into my room and looked me over.

                “You really think so?” I asked as I turned to look at him.

                “Absolutely. I can’t believe you found your mate Skylar,” Austin said pulling me into a hug.

                “Neither can I,” Reece said softly as she walked into my room and looked me over. “Damn those boys are good.”

                “You sure they’re not gay?” Austin asked with a laugh.

                “Were not gay!” I heard Owen yell and I couldn’t help but laugh. It was obvious he had been eves dropping.

                “You look gorgeous sky everything will work out,” Reece smiled and pulled me into a hug. “I want to know every detail in the morning.” I watched as Reece left and Austin gently grabbed my arm.

                “Griffin is down stairs. You ready?” he asked as he met my gaze.

                I looked at myself one more time before I nodded. “As ready as I’ll ever be,” I breathed and Austin led me to the top of the stairs where my boys waited.

                “I feel like I’m handing her over to the devil,” Owen sobbed and whipped away a fake tear as he pulled me into a hug. After I got passed around I took a deep breath and made my way down the stairs where griffin waited wearing a black tux and holding a red rose in his hand. When I reached the bottom of the stairs he turned to look at me and a smile crept across his gorgeous lips.

                “Skylar…” he breathed as he looked me over. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks when I saw lust fill his gaze. “Come on lets go.” Griffin held out his arm and I linked mine through his as we made it outside where his car sat. It was a red Ferrari and I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes. Of course he had to have an expensive car. He held open the passenger door for me and I got in before he made his way to the driver’s side and got in and pulled away from the pack house.

                For the short drive we were quiet and when he finally stopped the car I looked out the window and took a deep breath. Griffin had parked in front of the best restaurant in town and I turned to say something but he was already out of the car and opening my door. When I climbed out I turned to look at him.

                “Griffin this place is near impossible to get reservations,” I said and he just smiled.

                “I pulled a few strings,” he said and led me inside. Once we ordered our food which I would have to say was amazing we sat and talked for what seemed to be hours. I got to know griffin better and I was able to open up and tell him a lot about my past.

                “I guess I better get you back before they send out a search team,” griffin sighed as he walked me out to his car.

                “Yeah I guess,” I muttered and as he reached for the door handle to the passenger door I felt a sharp pain shoot through my chest. I gasped and fell to my knees as pain over took me. Suddenly griffin was beside me holding me up.

                “Skylar?” he asked and I just looked at him. “You’ve been shot.”  With those words my wolf growled and then went quiet with the pain being to unbearable. Griffin scooped me up in his arms and put me in his car before he pulled out a gun and got to his side of the car.

                “You carry a gun?” I whispered as he peeled away from the restaurant and back to the pack house.

                “Can never be too careful, ‘he growled and when we reached the pack house I was suddenly in his arms and we were standing in the door way.

oh no what will happen to skylar? will she be killed by the bullet that is threatening to take her life? what will griffin do if he loses his one and only mate? keep reading to find out and let me know what you guys think so far. vote- comment and keep reading!