part22

I stood staring down at Luke as I shook my head. “Never get distracted Luke,” I snapped as he got to his feet and glared at me. I had been teaching both packs how to fight the rogues considering I knew both packs techniques. I had gotten some of the girls from my old pack to help out by trying to distract the boys and it seemed to be working. Once Luke was distracted I had drop kicked him sending him flying.

                “I wasn’t distracted,” Luke snapped back and I just rolled my eyes and just to prove my point I nodded to one of the other girls and they smiled at Luke and walked over to him running a hand over his chest as she smiled at him seductively. I watched carefully as a smile spread across his lips and the girl just rolled her eyes before she grabbed his arm and flipped him over her. “Okay maybe a little distracted.” Luke confessed as he looked up at me.

                “Exactly what I said,” I growled and helped him to his feet. I turned to the two packs who had been watching the whole thing trying to stifle their laughter as Luke got his ass kicked by two girls. “Who’s next?” I asked and searched the wall of men and woman.

                “I think it’s my turn,” Logan said and stepped forward making me smile. I nodded to Logan and he began to advance. We used to always play fight when we were little so we knew each other’s moves making the fight interesting. I back flipped when Logan neared but he grabbed my arm and pressed me against his chest. I growled and kicked out my legs behind me hitting his shins making him grunt in pain which gave me the chance to get away. I stepped back and he quickly recovered. He stood there for a moment eying me before he jumped up taking me by the surprise when he landed beside me and grabbed both my wrists holding them behind my back. This time he stood back far enough so I couldn’t kick him. I was about to give up when an idea struck me. I let myself go limp shocking Logan and making him let me go. I swung my leg out taking both his legs out and making him fall to the ground with a thud. Within a second I was on my feet with my left foot pressed against his chest as I smiled down at him.

                “You fight well brother but not good enough to fight me,” I laughed and took my foot away letting him up. “Now these are rogues we are talking about. Wolves that have went astray and apparently started their own pack. It could be very possible that you will be fighting people you once knew and love. Griffin come here,” I ordered and he stepped forward and eyed me. “You have to understand that they are not the same person anymore. They have been brainwashed to thing that we are the bad guys.”

                I nodded to griffin and he advanced on me. Since griffin was the only rogue in all of us I felt bad for him. He never really felt welcome in a pack but he seemed to be fitting in well. He let out a low growled and suddenly disappeared.

                “One thing to know is that rogues are very fast,” griffin said from behind me and before I could turn his arms wrapped around my waist and I was pressed up against his chest. “Rogues will go instantly for your back and then for your throat.” He slid on of his hands up to my throat making both packs growl but I shook my head. There was no way he would hurt me.  I felt his arm tighten around my waist. I felt him run one of his fingers across my exposed throat making me shiver. “If they get on your back they will easily kill you by slitting your throat open.” With that he planted a soft kiss on my neck and released me making me shiver.

                “Want everyone to pair up I also want to see a few bigger groups. You won’t necessarily be fighting one rogue at a time,” I commanded and I watched at the two packs shifted into one and broke off into different groups. I watched as they practiced their fighting careful not to hurt one another.

                “You’re doing very well Skylar,” griffin said from behind me and I had forgotten he was there.

                “Thank you,” I whispered and turned to face him. He pulled me into a hug and pressed his lips softly to mine. He pulled away all too soon when parker grabbed his shoulder and motioned to Logan and Austin who stood there waiting.

                “Tell them I’ll be right there I need to talk to Skylar for a minute,” parker said and griffin walked off towards the other two. I couldn’t believe that the four biggest men in my life were actually getting a long as if they were brothers. “You’re doing great Skylar were all very proud of you,” parker said turning my attention back to him.

                “Thank you parker,” I said smiling.

                “Your like the daughter I never had Skylar. I am so proud of the woman you have become. You have over came obsicalls no one else could. Skylar thanks to you we are joining the two packs,” parker said and I stared at him shocked. Were they really joining the two packs? Never thought I would see the day. “We will be asking you and griffin to join us sky and I hope you take us up on the offer.” With that parker gave me a quick hug and jogged off to join the others.

                I watched as all around me the two packs worked together so we could beat our enemy as one. It made my heart soar to see everyone I loved working together and not trying to kill each other.