Friends with Benefits:30

SORRY FOR ERRORS cus baby THERES A LOT OF EM.
**
4 days later.
   "Want anything to drink?" Autumn asked walking into their indoor basketball court. She held Giovanni in her arms.

She was dressed very pretty in a nice tight black dress, Giovanni wore a nice tuxedo and so did Jelani. They were about to go to Nani's funeral.

Whenever Jelani was stressed he'd play ball.

"It's not safe here." Jelani said throwing the ball. "We gotta move out this state man."

"But— But I don't want to go... I— jus"

"You just what?" Jelani yelled cutting Autumn off. "Why you acting like a dumb ass?"

"I don't want to move." Autumn said playing with her nails.

Jelani scrunched his face up, and tilted his head.

"You so fuckin irritating— pack yo bags." Jelani said about to blow. He was mourning but even when he wanted to cry he couldn't. "You Not finna put my life and my child's life in danger because you wanna do some dumb shit."

"Why can't we stay in the state?" Autumn reasoned. "We can live far away."

Jelani stabbed his eyes into hers and walked off. "Your bags better be packed By tomorrow."
              _____________
"Man." Glen said putting his head down.

"Shit." Jackson said sniffling.

"Can't believe momma gone." Jelani said finally letting out tears. He was looking at his mother's dead corps in the open casket.

Autumn was behind him, one arm was wrapped around his waste as she held onto Gio in the other.

"She's in a better place now." Autumn said softly leaning her head on his shoulder.

Giovanni looked around and smiled. Autumn looked at her baby, then her boyfriend. She was happy and didn't want anything happening to her or her family. Maybe they really did need to leave.

"It's all my fault." Jelani said shaking his head.

"Nah man it's definitely my fault." Glen said palming his face.

"Unh unh, it's mines." Jackson said letting a lone tear fall out.

Jelani shook his head.

"Y'all wouldn't know the half." Jelani sighed. "Before momma died— she told me someone was snooping around her house."

Jackson and glen looked at one another.

"For real?" Glen shrieked.

"I shoulda listened man I'm sorry." Jelani sighed.

"She told me the day she died." Glen said softly.

"Same." Jackson said.

Autumn watched in disbelief. All three brothers knew their mom was in danger but neither tried to help.

"Damn." They said in unison.

"Who you think did this man?" Jackson asked.

Jelani dropped his head low and walked off.

Jackson and Glen looked at one another then Autumn.

"I'm glad you and my nephew safe though." Jackson said taking Giovanni out of Autumns arms.