Teaser+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

{Just a Taste}

The water is warm as I slide my naked body into the milky water of the porcelain bathtub, deep enough to make the water lap around my collarbones. I watch absently as the water ripples while I sweep my fingers across its surface. My chipped black nail polish standing out against the now more ivory skin tone of my hands.

“I’m leaving now.”

I nod as Edgar’s deep voice echoes through the cold distant room.

His fingers caress the skin of my shoulders lightly as he tries to catch my eye. I peek into his mind only to see guilt radiating from every pour from the words he said. I shut the link off quickly; I don’t want to feel any sympathy for his right now. I just want to be left in the valley of my own self-pity. Is that too much to ask?

“Shoshanna, I’m sorry.”

“Then you shouldn’t have said it.” I snap.

His head falls and I can hear him swearing to himself before he takes a deep breath, “I know that, amour and I’m sorry.”

“Just.” I begin but cut myself off with a sigh before quietly continuing. “Just go.”

He lays a soft kiss on the flesh of my upper arm, “I love you.”

“I know you do.” I whisper.

He nods thoughtfully before rising from his crouched position by the tub. I can’t stop my eyes from scanning themselves over his form. Edgar is dressed in a suit, I note with a small amount of awe. It’s a black suit of course with a red tie against the expensive black fabric of his button up. His hair is carelessly messy and brushing the length of his eyelashes, the same ones that frame those pained ruby red orbs I’ve fallen into more than not.

“I won’t be long.” He assures me.

I look away from him and back to the steaming water around me before nodding so he knows I’ve heard him. I can hear the hesitancy in his steps but all the same he leaves just as I wanted yet feared he would do. As the sound of the bedroom door outside clicking shut hits my more sensitive hear my eyes snap towards my robe on the sink. They linger too long on the front pocket if the robe where I’ve horded the small lighter.

Extreme heat can cause pain to us.

That was what Edgar told me once.

My arms raise me from the tub of my own accord as a single thought skates across my still fragile mind.

Let’s test that theory shall we?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After popular demand i've decided to continue the story of Shoshanna and Edgar. *Cue Fan(g)girl screaming* Damn you guys can scream! lol. Anywhoo, I won't be doing to much with this story until I finish Sweet Jane because they WILL be showing up. Until then I've decided to be a really nice ( or really mean) Mama Bear and give you this little teaser :}

COMMENT AND VOTE TO LET ME KNOW HOW EXCITED YOU ARE ABOUT THIS NEW DEVELOPMENT!